C4 Forums | Control4

Ring Events Driver for Control4 ?

seth_j

12 hours ago, Gix656 said:

Installed the driver today at a client's house. The button press does not seem to register through control4 events. It shows its communicating properly and the connections are made and the ring unit is selected under the secondary driver. If I do a debug, the button presses never seem to come through.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This forum is not monitored like our email or ticket system. In the future please contact us directly. 

Is your ring app working?? If everything is setup and assigned correctly and you see nothing in debug of the master driver then most likely the ring is offline 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This forum is not monitored like our email or ticket system. In the future please contact us directly. 

Is your ring app working?? If everything is setup and assigned correctly and you see nothing in debug of the master driver then most likely the ring is offline 

Yes it seems to be online. Clients phone chimes and I can see the camera on ring.com

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, jamesc4 said:

Hello,

Has this driver been working good?  Planning to try on a project that I have , wanted to get some feedback 

Also is there anyway to get the Ring camera on an NVR ?

The driver is VERY popular. We should see video soon once Control4 fixes something on their end. Video history like what you get in the app is coming to the T3 as well as full control of things like the flood lights so they are a light switch in C4

6 hours ago, Kevin L said:

The driver is VERY popular. We should see video soon once Control4 fixes something on their end. Video history like what you get in the app is coming to the T3 as well as full control of things like the flood lights so they are a light switch in C4

Live view as well?

On 9/15/2017 at 1:41 AM, Kevin L said:

Anything else you can share on this? Any screenshots?

I assume it's cloud based. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm.. reading your post and kevin's response I don't think he responded correctly. There is currently no way and I don't see a way in the future for you to record Ring video on to an NVR. Ring is a super low powered device created for a very specific purpose and not a generic mass-market security camera.

If you need recordings Ring offers a paid version of recording already and I don't think they would cut into one of their sources of revenue and allow direct access for recording. Just doesn't make business sense to me. If that doesn't work for your project I suggest getting a standard security camera or one of the other doorbell brand that may work with an NVR.

15 hours ago, seth_j said:

Hmm.. reading your post and kevin's response I don't think he responded correctly. There is currently no way and I don't see a way in the future for you to record Ring video on to an NVR. Ring is a super low powered device created for a very specific purpose and not a generic mass-market security camera.

If you need recordings Ring offers a paid version of recording already and I don't think they would cut into one of their sources of revenue and allow direct access for recording. Just doesn't make business sense to me. If that doesn't work for your project I suggest getting a standard security camera or one of the other doorbell brand that may work with an NVR.

I think he made it clear. I would love for their to be an option to use a NVR with Ring but I think more importantly I would like to be able to see the live feed from the C4 interface.

@Kevin L will their be an upgrade path for users of the existing driver? Debating on whether to wait. I am getting the Ring floodlight cam tomorrow and want it to trigger my front porch lights if their is motion.

7 hours ago, therockhr said:

I think he made it clear. I would love for their to be an option to use a NVR with Ring but I think more importantly I would like to be able to see the live feed from the C4 interface.

@Kevin L will their be an upgrade path for users of the existing driver? Debating on whether to wait. I am getting the Ring floodlight cam tomorrow and want it to trigger my front porch lights if their is motion.

Weather there will be video on the TS is based in something being fixed with C4 software. 

Anyone who buys a driver now will most likely be upgraded for free with new features.

You can trigger the lights with your camera with the current driver. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking of getting a Ring Elite because of the PoE connection.  Does the driver support a direct button push event that doesn't require an active internet connection?  In addition to doing whatever Ring actually does I would like to trigger C4 events even when my Internet connection is down.  Right now I use an Axxess doorbell which works great, but would like video.  Doorbird seems to pale compared to Ring and a DS2 is just crazy expensive.

18 hours ago, jfh said:

I am thinking of getting a Ring Elite because of the PoE connection.  Does the driver support a direct button push event that doesn't require an active internet connection?  In addition to doing whatever Ring actually does I would like to trigger C4 events even when my Internet connection is down.  Right now I use an Axxess doorbell which works great, but would like i video.  Doorbird seems to pale compared to Ring and a DS2 is just crazy expensive.

I like my ring pro and it works well with control4.

Ring is all cloud based so unless they change their api there will likely be no local communication

For the money i like the ring solution and now with the Elite it is a formidable product. 

If you have a terrible internet connection that fails regularly you could connect a relay to the ring and the relay to a c4 contact and trigger the bell through that action and get an always able to ring event.

I have a Ring Pro doorbell cam and a Ring Floodlight cam and both have been flawless for more. 

Wish C4 and Crestron could talk Ring into giving them a local API since they are premium products. 

I don’t get companies fascination with the cloud only solutions. 

4 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

you could connect a relay to the ring and the relay to a c4 contact and trigger the bell through that action and get an always able to ring event.

I would feel better if pushing the button could generate a local C4 event.  Is the physical button accessible and designed so a contact can be added?  Or how/where do you add the wiring?

I would feel better if pushing the button could generate a local C4 event.  Is the physical button accessible and designed so a contact can be added?  Or how/where do you add the wiring?
Yes. It has regular contacts for a door bell chime. You can wire in that way

Archived