C4 Forums | Control4

Ring Events Driver for Control4 ?

seth_j

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, chesterwilson said:

Very Very Reasonable!

if any one like to purchase this driver just pm me.

I use it at home and it works really well and is reliable that if a notification from the app comes control4 always triggers my lights and doorbell through out the house.

10 minutes ago, Gix656 said:

Will it stay at $50 when the new driver comes out?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Events Driver will stay at $50. Video + Events will be more.  There will be a discounted upgrade path for current driver owners.

It will still be affordable. Its not going to be be priced stupidly. 

Events Driver will stay at $50. Video + Events will be more.  There will be a discounted upgrade path for current driver owners.

It will still be affordable. Its not going to be be priced stupidly. 

When you say video, would it happen to be intercom functionality?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2017 at 9:09 PM, Kevin L said:

We are switching to a new authentication method that ring asked us to use. A new driver will be released this week. It has been a huge work in progress.. The new authentication method is a serious under taking and will result in some amazing new features ;) features everyone wants...... 

Do you have an update on the driver? 

1 minute ago, chull@chooseav said:

I am still having problems with the Ring triggering the in house speakers.  The driver I have is version 1.5.  Everything is bound and connected the way it supposed to be.  Any suggestions? 

1.5 is current - https://www.blackwiredesigns.com/help/ring-events-driver/

Seth is working on an update

ok once is whatever twice is suspicious and three times somethings broke.

Cant put a time line to it but it would seem that the password in my driver seems to change on its own and then the driver says invalid login info. Type in the same password as it has always been set it and forget it until it happens again ideas?

Updated driver that resolves log out issue is next week.  

We wanted to wait as we worked out a few other small things and have to redo all of the setup instructions and such as it's completely different. 

17 hours ago, cybuch said:

@Matt Lowe PITA or not, current paid driver isn't working.

Thanks @Kevin L, appreciate the update and ETA!

@cybuch if you add and remove a space from the email address and press set the driver will start to work again. its an authentication issue but there was no easy way to fix it so we moved forward with the new method which eliminates all of the issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the driver today at a client's house. The button press does not seem to register through control4 events. It shows its communicating properly and the connections are made and the ring unit is selected under the secondary driver. If I do a debug, the button presses never seem to come through.

Installed the driver today at a client's house. The button press does not seem to register through control4 events. It shows its communicating properly and **the connections are made** and the ring unit is selected under the secondary driver. If I do a debug, the button presses never seem to come through.

Sure did

Archived