C4 Forums | Control4

HC800 will not boot

I purchased an HC-800 over a month ago without a power supply.  It took me forever to find one (with the right coax plug) and I finally did.

After a power cycle, the power light comes on, then the  "LINK" light flashed about 5 times, then the  "DATA" light flashed once and that's it.  There is no output from the HDMI or the Component Video.  I have tried a factory reset with the same result.

Any ideas?

You can try a restore stick... 1.8.2 then update from there. Do you have access to the dealer support website? If not, I and many other "remote dealers" here can help you remotely try to troubleshoot the issue.

Happy Automating!

10 hours ago, VINCELdUB said:

You can try a restore stick... 1.8.2 then update from there. Do you have access to the dealer support website? If not, I and many other "remote dealers" here can help you remotely try to troubleshoot the issue.

Happy Automating!

Thanks for your reply VINCEdUB!  I tried that.  It doesn't even look at the USB after cycling power.

2 hours ago, C4RVA said:

Had a similar problem.  If you can't return you'll need to re image the flash drive inside the controller. 

Thanks for your reply C4RVA!  It doesn't look like I can return it.  I bought it without a power supply.  It took me forever to find one.  Finally did though this forum.

How does one re-image the flash drive?  Is it a USB drive like the ones in an HC-1000?

16 hours ago, VINCELdUB said:

Happy Automating!

No, you can't. A restore stick will NEVER work on an HC-800. EVER.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anybody help me with re-imaging the internal SATA drive as described by C4RVA?  I took the unit apart and located it. It would be a shame to take it to electronic recycling without giving this a try if it is possible.

I am currently running fine on an HC-250.

Archived