C4 Forums | Control4

How to prevent IR code firing?

First of all, I need help understanding what is happening with my set up.

I have an Apple TV 3 and a Panasonic 55 TV both running on the same IR connection from the controller. (via an AV matrix)

While watching Apple TV, I hit 'PREV' to go back one screen.  The PREV (Recall) command for the Panasonic TV is being fired as well. - Why?

The two commands are different IR codes.

When I emit the apple tv ir codes from composer it does not cause the TV to respond, emitting the 'recall' ir code for the TV does.

Just need to figure out why C4 is sending a TV ir code when I am not 'watching' TV.

Cause the recall is defined in the tv proxy not the media player

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Cause the recall is defined in the tv proxy not the media player

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So pushing the 'PREV' button on the remote will always send the TV's recall command, regardless of the source??

Let's get some more info. Is the TV driver a c4i or c4z? Use detective suite to see if there is anything that relates to this. If you want to PM me the account name or MAC of director I'll take a quick peak tomorrow when I'm at work.

2 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

sounds like some one programed the prev button on the remote to fire the ir code check under programming click on the room then go to commands and find recall prev or anything else related

Spot on, I hadn't done a thorough check, as I couldn't remember adding this programming....

Archived