C4 Forums | Control4

Testers required - OPPO UDP-203 Official Driver

annex⁴

With the release of the Oppo UDP-203 driver coming soon we want to do some additional testing with their latest firmware.  There seems to be a couple issues with the firmware with RS-232, we want to ensure these get rectified.  Also this has IP control that does not have these issues. We are looking for a few testers that can confirm a few items for us via RS-232, ideally you can use the driver in both modes and provide full feedback.

As with all drivers any end user would need to have a dealer install the driver.

Thank you

Also this driver is a FREE driver as it the official Oppo driver being handled by us, with the intention of also being submitted for Certification by Oppo from Control4.

This driver is in partnership with Oppo.

There will also be a driver for the UDP-205

4 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

What makes this an official driver? Is Oppo paying for the development? Why use this over the Chowmain driver? 

The driver is FREE, it is made in partnership with Oppo.

IP control, many other features and some other goodies to come which will be detailed on release.

22 minutes ago, annex⁴ said:

I think for playback it is much much better, no funky lines while watching movies now and then.

Will your dealer be able to install the driver for you?

Yeah, I can have him install the driver.

2 hours ago, annex⁴ said:

There are a few known bugs with the RS-232 such as commands not responding correctly and video resolution not reporting you are watching 4k content. No matter the driver being used this would be the case.

which is why I've stuck with IR

11 minutes ago, c44me said:

which is why I've stuck with IR

As far is control we haven't had any issues, and the IP protocol is even better then the RS-232 for responses. 

So sticking with it is your choice but not relevant in this case as sending a command to the player has not been the problem. With it you don't get feedback on content resolution regardless. You would only gain with RS-232 or IP over what you have not lose.

16 minutes ago, annex⁴ said:

As far is control we haven't had any issues, and the IP protocol is even better then the RS-232 for responses. 

So sticking with it is your choice but not relevant in this case as sending a command to the player has not been the problem. With it you don't get feedback on content resolution regardless. You would only gain with RS-232 or IP over what you have not lose.

thanks for clarifying.  I was referring to control of sources in general.

Archived