C4 Forums | Control4

What Camera Driver Should I Make Next?

msgreenf

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RobbieF said:

Surprising - no Meraki Camera API....  It's a fairly new product, so hopefully there will be one soon!

I have reached out to some contacts I have at Cisco already....if I get one, I will write it!  Looks like a simple camera - fixed...so it should be easy...

15 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Not possible - i know no API exists for that.

Bummer, I thought they'd released it since it was in smartthings/wink/etc. I can live with it using the wink driver.

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

That allows for arming and disarming the arlo and playback of recorded video.

That's the way I read it, too. So I don't know how other 3rd parties (like Wink) are doing it.

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

I have reached out to some contacts I have at Cisco already....if I get one, I will write it!  Looks like a simple camera - fixed...so it should be easy...

@RobbieF per my cisco contacts and Meraki product manager, there is no API today but they are evaluating adding one in the future. keep it in my backlog! 

Hey Greenfield,

When you created your Houselogix driver for Ubiquiti cameras, did you have a look at this guys blog post?

What is the difference between his method and your $75 driver on houselogix?

http://www.ambul.io/blog/2015/5/17/ubiquiti-cameras-and-control4

He hasn't updated the blog post, but I've PM'd him and he showed me how to integrate the latest Unifi NVR 3.6.1 into Control4.

@forum the outcome is the same due to the API being the same that is being used (there is only 1 way to get RTSP URL).  I used the UbiFi forums to create my driver.  As you mentioned my driver supports 3.6.1 and will continue to be updated via AutoUpdate for any future changes that UniFi makes.  There is always more then 1 way to achieve the same thing, but part of what you are paying for is support of which I will always continue to provide.

50 minutes ago, Control-IT said:

I can get CLI documentation/source code.  There is an SDK for the server and web server applications but I would have to speak to somebody to get access to them if at all. 

If you provide It will, I will be happy to review!

Doesn't control4 have honeywell drivers?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

My dealer set it up as a video input so it comes up on the TVs, and I have to use the Honeywell app to see it on my phone. I was wondering if integration could be different.

14 minutes ago, Anzir said:

My dealer set it up as a video input so it comes up on the TVs, and I have to use the Honeywell app to see it on my phone. I was wondering if integration could be different.

is it an IP camera? doesn't sound like it is if it's using a video input

Archived