C4 Forums | Control4

What Camera Driver Should I Make Next?

msgreenf

13 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Friend was showing me his cameras through Milestone software.  Not sure if anything already exists with that and C4 integration or not.

nah, and looking at the page for it, its not really consumer oriented so not something that really lends itself to profitable integration

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

nah, and looking at the page for it, its not really consumer oriented so not something that really lends itself to profitable integration

Friend said they recently when from paying for the software to making the software free.  Might increase desirability for it and thus your C4 integrated piece?

Just now, Jeffrey said:

Friend said they recently when from paying for the software to making the software free.  Might increase desirability for it and thus your C4 integrated piece?

eh...you know, I hate to say this but I'm not gonna invest time in something that isn't a major brand and not something that has an ROI....

I do not currently have cameras in my system. Which is a good system to get that integrates well with C4?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Amcrest is some pretty good value. Hikvision is another good option

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Actually I have a way to do this! I wrote a Driver for TinyCam Web Server a long time ago...so if you have TinyCam running on a Tablet or desktop and use that as NVR and enable Web Server mode, You can connect the Hero to that and then use my TinyCam driver to stream to Control4.

Is that worth releasing? I honestly wrote it, used it for a while but never released it but it could be released in about 5 minutes of work if anyone was interested.

5 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Actually I have a way to do this! I wrote a Driver for TinyCam Web Server a long time ago...so if you have TinyCam running on a Tablet or desktop and use that as NVR and enable Web Server mode, You can connect the Hero to that and then use my TinyCam driver to stream to Control4.

Is that worth releasing? I honestly wrote it, used it for a while but never released it but it could be released in about 5 minutes of work if anyone was interested.

It depends how many of us have a go pro hero 3 or 4 just sitting around.  It could be used as a temporary mobile camera, or even permanent if its powered and waterproofed for outdoor use.  I can't seem to find the tiny cam desktop version.

Wait.. I think I just figured out.  Which is the best android emulator for pc?

It depends how many of us have a go pro hero 3 or 4 just sitting around.  It could be used as a temporary mobile camera, or even permanent if its powered and waterproofed for outdoor use.  I can't seem to find the tiny cam desktop version.

Wait.. I think I just figured out.  Which is the best android emulator for pc?

I run tinycam on an Android desktop called a remix mini. Not sure about emulators

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Archived