C4 Forums | Control4

KD120 + ROOM OFF

abovedeck

Question

I have a KD120 keypaid in my living room. One of the buttons is "ROOM OFF."

I've been trying to program the LED on the ROOM OFF to turn blue when  either the PROJECTOR, RECEIVER, or LIGHTS are on.  The projector is IR, receiver IP, and lights connected to KD120,  led should turn red when ALL of these are off at the same time signifying that ROOM OFF is active.

What's the best place for this program? It's easy for me to set it up under keypad, but that only works when the keypad key is pressed.  I use a T3 and sr260 in the room as well.  Tried under living room - variables - when power state changes  and it didnt work using conditions.

THANKS.

14 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, funnyfarm299 said:

create a macro with desired programming (if X, Y, and Z are in correct power state, change the LED)

bind the macro to the lights involved (when level changes), the projector (projector power on/off), and the reciever (power on/off).

So here's what I did and it did not work:

Created Macro ROOM OFF RED

? If Projector is off

? If Living Room Lights are off

? If Denon XXXX is off

> SET LED CURRENT TO "ROOM OFF" RED

Then:

Projector - when projector turns off

>execute macro ROOM OFF RED

Denon Receiver - when power turns off -

Living Room Lights - when level changes

I created the same macro but with the color blue, and set it for "on" and did the same thing as above, but for the "on" conditions.  Doesn't work :(  What am I doing wrong?

4fad2236cb39e1ea9c0b8904d482407e.png3690063306658bfc6a9da78f4f2b248f.png571fdacf71458c2892d0f8172cae4e78.png

Just create the first one and then copy it by right clicking and select copy. Then go to next event and right click center and paste.

Hope his saves you some time.

Also, I used the command "Use the on color for ROOM OFF on xxxx->keypad" because I can change the on and off colours whenever I want in the properties of the keypad instead of changing programming.

Happy Automating!

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:25 AM, VINCELdUB said:

4fad2236cb39e1ea9c0b8904d482407e.png3690063306658bfc6a9da78f4f2b248f.png571fdacf71458c2892d0f8172cae4e78.png

Just create the first one and then copy it by right clicking and select copy. Then go to next event and right click center and paste.

Hope his saves you some time.

Also, I used the command "Use the on color for ROOM OFF on xxxx->keypad" because I can change the on and off colours whenever I want in the properties of the keypad instead of changing programming.

Happy Automating!

THANK YOU!!! Just seeing this.  Will try now and let you know the outcome :)

4 minutes ago, VINCELdUB said:

I agree, missed that sorry.

Happy Automating!

Yeah, I changed that after I posted this.  I think it may be working now, maybe it took a little time for all the settings to upload? Finishing the same program for all of the devices in that room now.

While we're on it... Is it possible to prevent the LEDs from dimming based on ambient light?  Some rooms that feature is great, some it's not :(

3 minutes ago, abovedeck said:

Yeah, I changed that after I posted this.  I think it may be working now, maybe it took a little time for all the settings to upload? Finishing the same program for all of the devices in that room now.

While we're on it... Is it possible to prevent the LEDs from dimming based on ambient light?  Some rooms that feature is great, some it's not :(

Yes, it is. On the main dimmer driver, adjust "ambient light profiles" to whatever you desire.

1 hour ago, VINCELdUB said:

I agree, missed that sorry.

Happy Automating!

1 hour ago, eddy.trochez said:

Did you change the LED Behavior of the button to "Programmed"? If the button was bound to a "Room Off" scene, most likely the LED Behavior is set to "Follow Connection"

Works to perfection now :)  Thanks for the program!

Archived