C4 Forums | Control4

HC-800 or EA-1 for Navigation

whouston

Hi All - 

Quick question for the experts.  I have a HC-800 as my main controller performing all the tasks that a main controller performs.  I also have an EA-1 now and am thinking about where to use it, either in the main "theater" or in another room.  

I use MyMovies/Popcorn Hour and the built in movie selection menu that comes with Control4.  If I switch to the EA-1 just for navigation, would it be faster than the HC-800 in terms of scrolling through movies and the like?  (Maybe have 500 titles or so, but set to icon mode so that my kids can select.)  Are there any other advantages/disadvantages of switching to the EA-1 for navigation?  The other option is to use the EA-1 to switch out a HC250 in another room, but we only really use that for TV so the scrolling/speed isn't an issue.

Any thoughts or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

There are no real negatives to using the EA1. The EA1 will have a nicer on-screen (and option of circle or line setup. It will be faster as well. It's been awhile since I had a direct comparison, but I'd say it's noticeably faster - though it isn't some kind of 'miracle' improvement.

Archived