C4 Forums | Control4

Controller digital audio

I know the controllers have their own digital streams.  The EA5 has 5 and the EA3 has 3 etc.  If I have an EA5 on a project and 4 EA1's can I use the streams from the 1's if they are all plugged into a matrix or do I just get the ones from the main EA5 controller?  I was told that you only get it from your main controller.

You get it from any controller. The stream on the EA-1s is just HDMI, but if that matrix is an HDMI matrix, that will work.

That's great. I can just use the optical out on the Tv and feed that back into an amp and then Every room has its own digital stream them right? Who needs sonos players or other then? Customer limited to pandora napster etc but that's great.

For the cost of a songle stream player like sonos or heo I can practically buy an ea1 for every room of the house

5 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Agreed. Bad experience.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

...and then some.

Instead, drop in an extra EA3 or EA5 to get extra streams - but consider the need. With a pair of cheap DACs that EA5 can give you 4 analogue streams, a 5th could be gained with an HDMI audio extractor if the HDMI path isn't viable. One DAC and an EA3 gives you two, hdmi extractor one more (see where that is going, EA5 can have a max of 5 streams coming out of it, the EA3 can do 3..........

Audio feedback from a TV is possible, especially with some recently new(ish) driver that allow overriding some of the double/triple matrix issues this used to cause - but consider this - to hear a stream of music, you know need to have that TV on. That alone makes your idea a poor design, disregarding another 4 reasons I could list off the top of my head.

Archived