C4 Forums | Control4

Audio Matrix vs Video Matrix

I was going to do an audio matrix and run HDMI baluns to the TV's from the rack.  In a couple zones the matrix would switch the in ceiling speakers from TV to Sonos and distribute Sonos or whatever.  Is it better to just do a video matrix + audio matrix.  Cost will probably be a lot higher.  Also it sounds like it would be complex programming to get it all working.  Also concerned now that I am at the mercy of the matrix to have anything work.  If I have HDMI baluns from the cable boxes in the rack I could always just use the audio from the Tv's if there is a problem.  

Matrix just sounds to be complicated and problematic.  Thoughts?

I dont know how that happened actually so I apologize if it annoyed you that much you felt the need to waste your precious time to reply.    I just want to provide the right solutions for my customers and had some important questions before I submit a very large proposal.  

I have no idea how it posted it twice.

I just want to provide the right solutions for my customers and had some important questions before I submit a very large proposal.  

I have no idea how it posted it twice.

Why are you asking system design questions on a user forum? If you really don't know the answer, go to the dealer forum or ask your ASM. Or... buy one and try to make it work

Archived