C4 Forums | Control4

Hikvision snapshot/motion detection

Jdizzle

Question

So I've got some hikvision cameras set up in my home. It says in the driver that I can send a snapshot to an email address, but I don't see the option in the driver. Is there some setup in the camera that I am missing?

Edit: to add, the driver detects the motion portion of the cameras, but when I bind to a motion detector it doesn't do anything.

4 answers to this question

The driver doc will also tell you that some features are not available on all camera - features not available as reported by the camera on first communication will not show up.

As for the motion, start by confirming the camera is actually able to see motion itself - in other words does it's own web gui report motion. Just setting motion to enable isn't enough, that just triggers the driver to 'see' it's an option. Motion settings still need to be done on the camera itself.

I haven't gotten snapshot working on any of my cameras - but have had success with motion and line cross.  Bound the generic motion sensor to the camera (once verified working on camera) and enabled push notification.

Be sure you enable the "notify surveillance center" on event option.  Also link the A#>D# on event.

Archived