C4 Forums | Control4

Advanced Lighting Scene Tracking with RA2

Having an issue creating scenes with my RA2 system.  In the advanced lighting agent, the scene never appears "Active" regardless of what the tracking settings are...ie. even when i do "Get Light Levels" or click activate it never shows as active.  My problem is the means the toggles never work.  My control4 app shows the correct levels of all my RA2 lights, so I'm a bit confused why the scene tracking doesn't seem to ever work.  Any tips?  Thanks for the help.

I remember having a problem like this before and it was caused by the lighting system never reporting a light level of 100%. Control4 was expecting feedback from the system saying that a light was on at 100% to match the scene level, but the maximum level in the lighting system programming was 90%. So the 100% level on Control4 was actually 90% on the lighting system. I think I changed the max lighting level on the lighting system to 100% and this seemed to fix it.

This was on an iLight system and not Lutron though.

I remember having a problem like this before and it was caused by the lighting system never reporting a light level of 100%. Control4 was expecting feedback from the system saying that a light was on at 100% to match the scene level, but the maximum level in the lighting system programming was 90%. So the 100% level on Control4 was actually 90% on the lighting system. I think I changed the max lighting level on the lighting system to 100% and this seemed to fix it.

This was on an iLight system and not Lutron though.

Cool that's worth exploring but my issue is pretty much at any level...not just 100%. Don't seem to have this issue with my caseta lamps...so not sure what to say.

I've recently been back to an install and noticed that some of the lighting scenes were not tracking.

The system was changed over from AMX to Control4 and the lighting system is iLight (using Extra Veg RS232 driver)

For some reason only one room tracks the lighting scenes correctly. The individual circuits in iLight are set up exactly the same way but in room A the scenes track perfectly, but in room B they never activate. There is no difference in the two rooms as far as Advanced Lighting setup or programming.

I suspect it is probably the driver but can't be sure, it is pretty old and communication is only 9600 baud.

In this situation I have had to program all keypad LED behaviour.

I had some issues with Lutron before (can't follow very clearly dimmers or scenes status) in that case, I think, you can dedicate c4 buttons like "scene On" and "scene Off" with out following status.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2017 at 3:36 PM, Matt Lowe said:

can you post a screen shot of your advanced light agent page so we can check settings.

Here is a basic one.  Even when i click activate scene it doesn't show as active.

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 2.05.05 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived