C4 Forums | Control4

UniFi Drivers Coming Soon - Ideas

annex⁴

So we will be developing driver for the UniFi line of Network gear from Ubiquiti, we already have a number of ideas on the drawing board, but if anyone has suggestions for cool and interesting features feel free to let us know here, or on our Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/annex4/

There is no timeline yet but once we have more information we can share you can be sure we will post here.

35 minutes ago, Stuart England said:

Do you have Ubnt onboard to help? There is little value developing an NVR driver unless you can do more than .h264 snapshot and RTSP stream.

To clarify as stated above it is primarily UniFi network gear.  We will be doing camera drivers but the focus will be to integrate the access points, switches, and other network gear.

3 minutes ago, annex⁴ said:

To clarify as stated above it is primarily UniFo network gear.  We will be doing camera drivers but the focus will be to integrate the access points, switches, and other network gear.

Right ok, I think id start by stating I reckon there is more of a market for the NVR stuff than Network gear.

I have Unifi AP's, Switch and NVR and cant think of anything that I wish C4 did with my AP's or Switches.. what ideas have you got? Maybe this is one of those things I didnt know I needed until I know I needed :)

Right ok, I think id start by stating I reckon there is more of a market for the NVR stuff than Network gear.

I have Unifi AP's, Switch and NVR and cant think of anything that I wish C4 did with my AP's or Switches.. what ideas have you got? Maybe this is one of those things I didnt know I needed until I know I needed

It's cause the network gear has a mature api but the cameras don't

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On 1/20/2017 at 2:28 PM, AMG1199 said:

"ROOM OFF" on SR-remote or touch screen turns the glowing LED on the WAP off. Useful if the WAP is ceiling/wall mounted in a sleeping area. 

My understanding is that this is a global option - you can't do it AP by AP.

This may not be the ideal driver to do this but if a customer has many APs in their house you might be able to do in-house geolocation as I can see in the Ubiquiti Controller software when a user hands off from one AP to another.

2 hours ago, AMG1199 said:

I'd like to know too then. Maybe reboot devices from touch screens? Can't think of much more. 

vlan control, blocking internet access to devices, possibly dynamically rerouting a media player (say a Roku) between a parental control OpenVPN setup or not.

Block server access for mediaplayers pointing locally as wqell (ie block of a server that has all movies with R/Mature ratings from 6am to 10pm)

Control over AP on/off times, or even radio output level control for those to whom that is a concern.

Network monitoring, allowing triggers for programming (ie kid's phone has now used x amount of data - start a siren!, or x % of data is iTunes/ATV - block further access, or send a push notification to everyone to stop.

Can see even more function on a business/commercial level for those heavy into doing C4 there.

All depends on what the API allows really.

Could also be a base for more.

I'm sure they'll hate me for saying it - but in the end, I would say it'll depend on cost vs benefit - but I can see potential.

My understanding is that this is a global option - you can't do it AP by AP.

This may not be the ideal driver to do this but if a customer has many APs in their house you might be able to do in-house geolocation as I can see in the Ubiquiti Controller software when a user hands off from one AP to another.

This is s system wide setting. However each Wap and device can be set to ignore the site setting for led.

Happy Automating!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.