C4 Forums | Control4

EA-3 10 Sec streaming audio delay

Hi All,

Last week my installer updated my main controller from a 300 to a EA-3 (2.5 to 2.9).  The general lag I was dealing with previously is gone but now I have a few slightly different issue.   When I add my living room speakers to a room at is already playing (on Pandora) I get a 10 to 15 second delay before the music stream will play.    Basically the music will stop in both rooms, the song doesn't pause so I don't this it a streaming issue.

i.e.

• Office listening to Pandora and I add (or remove) the living room the delay will hit
    • If  add another room (or all the other zones) into the same stream no delay..  
    • I don't know if it's related but the family room doesn't show volume number on the app   

Other issue- Can you listen to two streams at once (Pandora & Napster), right now it will shut off one if i start another.  

Set up 

EA-3 to 8 zone matrix amp -Audio out  3.5 to Red/White into Ch1

EA-3 HDMI to receiver 

This is my first technical issue post, so please let me know if you need any other info..  

Thanks.   

sounds like the digital music options need to be tweaked. the reason the other rooms dont take long as they are listening to the analog stream. when the family room joins it has to sync the digital and analog together.

kind of a trial and error play thing.

Archived