C4 Forums | Control4

Ecobee Controlled With C4

FLA

I have two Ecobees and two issues:

On the C4 GUI on comfort icon the temperature of my ecobee in the rear of the house is shown (pictured) and when I tap it it shows the temp of the ecobee in the rear and another ecobee icon with the temp in the front of the house. 

If we have a power failure the C4 system boots back up on its own when the power comes back on. After the boot up the C4 GUI rear of the house comfort icon is blank with no temperature showing. If I tap the icon it goes to both the rear and front comfort icons and both are blank.

I then reboot with my Wattbox and the temperature shows on both comfort Icons. Why do I have to reboot with the Wattbox in order to get the icons working properly? Why doesn't the reboot work for the ecobee icons when the power comes back on after an outage?

Second issue. I would rather the C4 GUI show the temperature of the front of the house on the initial C4 GUI then navigating to the front of the house by first tapping the back of the house icon. Is there a way to switch the positioning of the front and rear icons? 

IMG_5426.PNG

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

The driver polls. So there is a time delay. If you just waited icons would reappear properly

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thx. Is 2 hours too short of a wait? If so maybe more like 24 hrs. ?

How about any idea of how I switch places on my C4 display with my front and rear thermostats. I would like my front to show on the initial GUI and now the rear shows.

Thx. Is 2 hours too short of a wait? If so maybe more like 24 hrs. ?

How about any idea of how I switch places on my C4 display with my front and rear thermostats. I would like my front to show on the initial GUI and now the rear shows.

It. Should just be a few minutes. You need. To look at the polling interval in the driver. It also sounds like you have an old version

That change is a room level binding. Need pro.

7 hours ago, msgreenf said:

It. Should just be a few minutes. You need. To look at the polling interval in the driver. It also sounds like you have an old version

That change is a room level binding. Need pro.

Thanks. I wait for hours and the temp doesn't come back on by itself. Looks like another thing to add to my issues for remote repair after I split up with my dealer.

Thankfully the ecobees are flawless with their own app. 

6 hours ago, cdepaola said:

Agreed sounds like your on an old driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased the driver through my dealer when he did the install. Will a new dealer be able to update my driver or will I have to buy a new one?

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

Any dealer can update.

That's good news. One thing that I don't understand. Earlier you said that possibly the driver needed to poll. Why would a loss of power and the system rebooting itself when the power came back on verses me rebooting the system via the Wattbox have a differn't effect on the driver. Or why would a loss of power cause the driver to poll and rebooting via the Wattbox not cause the driver to poll?

That's good news. One thing that I don't understand. Earlier you said that possibly the driver needed to poll. Why would a loss of power and the system rebooting itself when the power came back on verses me rebooting the system via the Wattbox have a differn't effect on the driver. Or why would a loss of power cause the driver to poll and rebooting via the Wattbox not cause the driver to poll?

They shouldn't be any different

Archived