C4 Forums | Control4

can i program the TV to change inputs to display the OSD using Composer HE

My Yamaha receiver doesn't allow me to pass everything through HDMI if they are connected through component -- ie  HC-300.

Can I adjust the programming in Composer HE to switch the TV input on the Panasonic Plasma TV to Component 1 from HDMI 1 to display the OSD on my TV?

Running 2.8.2

Thanks,

Ed

Yes. You can program it to work that way. Using composer pro and adding the component binding is the best option.

To do it in programming.

On the left side select the room you want the navigator onscreen. Then press right on your keyboard three times to expose the room variables. Click on IN_NAVIGATION.

Now select the same room on right side and same variable and then right side middle of the screen select the tab conditionals. Select radio button true and add ? to centre of screen and the select the radio button false and add the ? To centre of screen.

Now, on the right side select the tv in that room and select radio button select input. And drop down set to the input needed. Drag the green arrow on top of the blue icon ?IN_NAVIGATION is true

Now, on the right side select the receiver in that room and select radio button select output output or zone 1 depending on the model. Then select the drop down set to the input needed. Drag the green arrow on top of the blue icon ?IN_NAVIGATION is true so that it looks like this

?IN_NAVIGATION is true

-->set tv to input component (x)

-->set receiver output input to component (x)

?IN_NAVIGATION is false

Then right side middle of the screen select the tab conditionals. Select radio button tv power is on. Drag blue ? on top of blue icon ?IN_NAVIGATION is false

And then back to actions tab and select input setting to hdmi(x) and drag on top of blue icon ?if tv power is on

to make it look like the following:

?IN_NAVIGATION is true

-->set tv to input component (x)

-->set receiver output input to component (x)

?IN_NAVIGATION is false

?if tv power is on

-->set tv input hdmi (x)

(X) represents your specific input. I used this for demo purposes.

Hope this makes sense. This will cause the system to monitor whether or not it is in navigation. For example the Control4 button is pressed. If it is true, it will set the TV to the correct component input. If it is false, and the TV power is on, it will switch the TV back to your default HDMI input from your receiver.

Happy Automating!

Thanks.  Yes all the devices have been added already and the OSD is already set -- except that its currently defaulting the HDMI 1 on the TV and I need to change it Component 1 on the TV.   Currently when I hit the red Control 4 button on the remote -- I need to grab the TV remote and change the input.   Anyway --  I will give what you posted a shot using Composer HE and report back if I did it right.

Could try one other thing, that will work every time you press the big red four.

In programming tab,

On left side select room and then left side near the bottom there's a drop-down menu labelled commands. Select command "control4"

Then on right select room and then select the tv and set input to the component input. Drag the green arrow into the centre of the screen.

Try this first, is the simplest. And the system should keep track of what Ibout the tv is in. So when you switch devices it should just switch back to the HDMI source.

Happy Automating!

12 hours ago, VINCELdUB said:

Could try one other thing, that will work every time you press the big red four.

In programming tab,

On left side select room and then left side near the bottom there's a drop-down menu labelled commands. Select command "control4"

Then on right select room and then select the tv and set input to the component input. Drag the green arrow into the centre of the screen.

Try this first, is the simplest. And the system should keep track of what Ibout the tv is in. So when you switch devices it should just switch back to the HDMI source.

Happy Automating!

Thanks -- I did this and it works perfectly.   Much appreciated!

Archived