C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos Error

JerryR

I've been using Sonos without any issues in my house for over a year.  Just recently had our system updated to 2.9 and now we have a Sonos issue.  When I look in Composer HE, and the C4 IOS app I see some error messages. 

On the app when I go to Room > Listen > Favorites what I see on the screen there is "Error with Setup."  

In Composer HE when I go to Monitoring > Favorites and click on a room I get "Error with Setup." 

However if I go to the Sonos App on my desktop and go to Favorites I see all of my favorites as I've previously saved them. Then also if I go through the C4 app I can get some things playing.  Once I have them playing I can play everything from Pandora to Sirius XM to Apple Music.  

So somewhere there is an issue / error with loading favorites in Composer.  Anyone else experienced this or now how to fix it?

I thought you meant what version of the Sonos program is the sonos controller running.  The sonos driver in our system was added and provided by our dealer.  It ran without any issues for 12+ months and has just recently started having issues.  I assume it's due to an update with C4 to 2.9, but I'm not sure. 

Just now, JerryR said:

I thought you meant what version of the Sonos program is the sonos controller running.  The sonos driver in our system was added and provided by our dealer.  It ran without any issues for 12+ months and has just recently started having issues.  I assume it's due to an update with C4 to 2.9, but I'm not sure. 

but things in the SOnos world changed in the last month.  There is a new driver that must be used.

The existing driver should still work. The main interruptions with the last Sonos update were only with Spotify and Amazon music, I believe. I still use the "non-endorsed" driver. It is functional, until a new Sonos update renders it useless.

The latest and endorsed driver will only give you access to favorites and transport control. I'm sure functionality will grow in the future with this new driver.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

I would just like to share my experience with the Sonos driver.  I believe I am using the "old" one and not the Sonos endorsed one.  Quite often in my iPhone app or touchscreen i get the Error With Setup message.  I used to just reboot the controller and it would restore Sonos functionality back to normal.  I got tired of doing that so I explored a bit and in the Actions Tab for the Sonos device in Composer HE there is a Scan For ZonePlayers action.  Clicking that will allow C4 to find the Sonos device and bring Sonos Favorites back to the Navigators.  No reboot necessary.

Incidentally I don't know for sure if I am using the old or Sonos endorsed driver.  Composer HE reports driver version 8.1.2.  Can anyone tell me which driver that is?

Just now, pfissure said:

thank you.  apart from the small occasional hiccup i mentioned (which i now understand has a quick and painless solution) the driver works great for me.  my system is 2.9.1 btw

for now, until Sonos breaks the driver more.  As long as you expect it to break at some point and are prepared to change when it does.

Archived