C4 Forums | Control4

HC-250 non-responsive

Hi,

I have a HC-250 (running director) and 3 HC-300 in 3 separate rooms running 2.8.2.

The HC-250 went offline yesterday (couldn't connect to it in Composer HE, couldn't connect via the iPhone app, or via remote controls)

I physically rebooted the controller yesterday by unplugging and plugging it back in and everything came back online and was working properly but then it looks like it everything is now unresponsive again.  I would hate to have to keep rebooting the controller especially since I did it less than 24 hours ago.

The controller is connected to my router via Ethernet -- it's a router provided by Comcast for Xfinity X1 service but perhaps that is causing the issue?   Though I never had an issue before and it's the same router.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks!

It went offline this morning and I went to reboot the controller again -- just as I was about the reboot it --but decided to go into Composer HE -- the HC-250 didn't appear there so I refreshed in Composer and it eventually came online -- is it because my HC-250 is overworked.  I did notice CPU at about 90-95% but not sure if that is normal.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on this ---  Comcast turned off Wifi on their X3 gateway and I plugged in my own router. 

It took a day or two after that -- but is now working great.  Haven't had to reboot for that last few weeks.

Not sure if there is a direct cause and effect -- but thought I would share my experience...

Archived