C4 Forums | Control4

MyQ LiftMaster driver

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Kidsat said:

So what is the fix for this? 

I believe I have one of the paid drivers. I have HE how can I tell which driver I am using?

if you have teh paid houselogix driver and you have the houselogix autoupdate driver installed, it should be working.  Check if you have a license field or check the documentation to see if it's a houselogix driver.  If so, you may need your dealer to update or install the auto update driver

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with the driver not telling Control4 that a door has opened or closed. If I use Control4 to open or close the door then the macro works (turning HVAC off while door is open).  But when I do it from the button at the door it doesn't seem to turn the stat off. It worked for a while.  Any thoughts?  Liftmaster app is still working properly (sending notifications, etc.). Not sure how to check the status of the door.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks again for the wink Hub driver. Shows when programming has a 30 day trial. Any cost thereafter?

IMG_1641.thumb.JPG.0efaaf62fa3bc724fbda569dac378c71.JPG

Yes and I can quote you an activation key via houselogix if you like. Pm me

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Anyone having issues with the wink driver for this? Mine stopped working this weekend. Shows that you can open and close the door and will show change when doing it. But, door does not open or close. Any suggestions?

thanks

Anyone having issues with the wink driver for this? Mine stopped working this weekend. Shows that you can open and close the door and will show change when doing it. But, door does not open or close. Any suggestions?

thanks

Does it work in wink still without the driver?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, zaphod said:

That's the one that's $200, correct?  I think that's about what I paid for my two garage door openers.

I think that was about what I paid for it.  Right now I just use it for open and close control.  After 2.10 caused a problem with the driver triggering an open/close event every polling interval (rather than just on state change) (fixed in the latest version of the driver), I put tilt sensors on the garage doors to figure out door state.

Does anyone know why Chamberlain made big changes with the API?  Did they change their strategy and decide to lock things up?  Or were there safety concerns around liability for unsafe door closures?  I think I saw a warning in the MyQ iOS app about certain instances where the door would close when it shouldn't.

1 hour ago, Adidaswood said:

I'm also looking to integrate wired contact sensors, all these polling drivers are pretty inconsistent if you ask me.  I've tried them all and I find they only work sorta ok.

I was going to use wired contact sensors, but was really impressed at how well the NYCE tilt sensors work.  I just used those rather than go through the hassle of running the wire.

1 hour ago, zaphod said:

Does anyone know why Chamberlain made big changes with the API?  Did they change their strategy and decide to lock things up?  Or were there safety concerns around liability for unsafe door closures?  I think I saw a warning in the MyQ iOS app about certain instances where the door would close when it shouldn't.

Chamberlain only made one big change as far as I know (a year or so ago?).   The other issues were issues with incompatibilities with the drivers and C4 releases, not any changes by Chamberlain.

I was going to use wired contact sensors, but was really impressed at how well the NYCE tilt sensors work.  I just used those rather than go through the hassle of running the wire.

How much do those sensors go for? Sounds pretty nice not worrying about the myQ API ...no pun intended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, jfh said:

Chamberlain only made one big change as far as I know (a year or so ago?).   The other issues were issues with incompatibilities with the drivers and C4 releases, not any changes by Chamberlain.

That's the one I am talking about.  That change seemed to break most of the third pary tools that hooked into the API, including other HA systems.

36 minutes ago, koxkp said:

How much do those sensors go for? Sounds pretty nice not worrying about the myQ API ...no pun intended

Don't remember  -  $50-$70 maybe?   Easy peasy install. 

39 minutes ago, zaphod said:

That's the one I am talking about.  That change seemed to break most of the third pary tools that hooked into the API, including other HA systems.

The HouseLogix driver works as expected on 2.10 and has been rock solid since it was installed a few years ago.

i *think* the free EDS driver worked again after the API change, but I always had problems with it and there is zero support.  Deleted the driver and never looked back.

Don't remember  -  $50-$70 maybe?   Easy peasy install. 

Do you use the sensors with the houselogix driver or could the sensors replace the driver all together as a stand-alone solution? I used to have the free driver and it’s not worth the hassle.

13 minutes ago, koxkp said:

Do you use the sensors with the houselogix driver or could the sensors replace the driver all together as a stand-alone solution? I used to have the free driver and it’s not worth the hassle.

I use the sensors with the HL driver.  I still need the HL driver to programmatically open and close the doors, but no longer use the polling to report door status.

if you don't need to control the door then all you need are the tilt sensors

13 hours ago, koxkp said:

I had the wires run when the house was built, but decided to try the Polling drivers because the the control4 garage package was cost prohibitive.
so I'm thinking all I need to do is install the contact sensors or tilt sensor that I can buy on my own.  I'm going to solder some leads to an extra door remote and using the relay\contacts on my controller.  That's the basics of it.  If you don't have the wires you might need a wireless contact sensor.   I need to iron out a few details, but it seems there are several examples on these forums of how to do it.

• 7 months later...

I updated to 2.10 about a week ago and have been having a weird problem.

I have a thermostat in the garage (an Ecobee, also running with the HouseLogix driver).

I had a macro that worked very well for 18 months - when the door was closed, it would start a timer to run for 5 minutes, and when that timer expired it would turn on the thermostat.  When the door is open, it turns off the thermostat.

Now "When Door is Closed" is not really an Event, its more of a boolean and it runs every minute which is my polling frequency. So the timer resets every minute.

This didn't happen before.  Anyone have a thought?  Ideas?

Archived