C4 Forums | Control4

Anybody wiring the doorbird with the cat5 to power and to connect?  They include the connector but it is so big that it will not fit behind the doorbird.  Can it be wired directly to the Cat5 without the connector provided?

Thanks,

WIN_20170204_17_31_47_Pro (2).jpg

Disclaimer!!! and this is considered a hack and will void the warranty of your doorbird most likely. Take your time and get it right.

To be sure, please make sure here are more than 4 wires on your connecting wire. If there are only 4 wires, then this is not possible. The poe receiver is built into the white jack. .

If there are 6 or 8 wires. Then it is yes. but it would require that you carefully use a cut off end of cat5 cable that does connect into the rj45 connector. Then using a continuity tester, determine which wire on the doorbird wire correlates to the cat5e cable colour or white colour. Write it down before cutting off the white connector.

Disclaimer!!! and this is considered a hack and will void the warranty of your doorbird most likely. Take your time and get it right.

Happy Automating!

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you guys.  I have it up and running now but can't get programming to work off of motion.  Anyone have that functionality?

Glad you managed to get it going. Care to share a pic of your wiring?

Happy Automating!

On 06/02/2017 at 4:00 AM, brientim said:

For anyone else looking for wiring schematics, you should find this useful. I put this together myself after getting fed up of the individual wiring schematics on their website for each connection type when in fact it could easily all be combined into a single diagram:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4bbmws33wrfih2/Doorbird Wiring Guide.pdf?dl=0

On 3/6/2017 at 5:30 PM, Crustyloafer said:

For anyone else looking for wiring schematics, you should find this useful. I put this together myself after getting fed up of the individual wiring schematics on their website for each connection type when in fact it could easily all be combined into a single diagram:

Thank you Crusty.  I will check my wiring this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2017 at 5:30 PM, Crustyloafer said:

I can't see the wiring layout you posted anymore/ Can you send the link again?

Thanks

Archived