C4 Forums | Control4

Echo Dot and Control4 Amp

Sprinky216

Hi,

I have a Dot in my kitchen and I've run the RCA cable to my basement when I have the C4 amp. I've plugged in the RCA to input 7 and it has been binded. I have speakers in the kitchen that are also run to the C4 amp. The question is, when I ask Alexia a question, how do I get the audio to play on the kitchen speakers and only the kitchen speakers?

Basically anytime I ask Alexia something I want it answered over the kitchen speaker. I understand that if I play music, I can add the Dot to other rooms as a source to hear the audio.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan 

Ok so create programming on a voice scene the same as you would a keypad button press to activate a source in that audio zone. Then discover devices and test and then realize it's going to be a bunch of trial and error to get it to do exactly as you want in regards to the wording you'll use ;)

On 2/4/2017 at 7:40 PM, lippavisual said:

What kind of C4 amp? If you are using the one with built in audio matrix, you can program based on signal sense of the dots input.  When signal is sensed, select dot as source in kitchen.

I have the 8 zone amp and the input is plugged into number 7. I have the audio sensing turned on, and when it does I programmed it to select the amp and to choose the Dot as the audio source. Problem is, it never does it, and I'm not sure what to do next. If I manually select the Dot from the remote the audio is playing over the speakers, but it won't do it by itself.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem. What solved it was making a jumper on the green connector that is on the back of the amp and then flip the trigger switch to on.

Once I did this Alexa immediately played in whichever room was selected. One caveat though is that you pretty much have to leave that room on with the dot selected. And the amp stays on too.

A2B59AC8-8677-4583-90BD-85A4344774C8.JPG

Archived