C4 Forums | Control4

HE Shows B500 HDMI Instead of B300HDMI

FLA

In Composer HE under my system a Binary B500 HDMI Matrix is shown Instead of what I really have with is a Binary B300 HDMI Matrix. The B300 is shown in the window to the right under the Under the Properties Tab: Driver which says "switch found, firmware B 300. 8X8 98.00.16"

Sounds kind of fishy? I'm wondering if this could be causing problems?

4 hours ago, mallom said:

What kind of problems are you having?

If the codes are the same it shouldnt be an issue as far as switching inputs.

I have no Ideas if the codes are the same.

Some of the problems are with TVs not turning on and off all of the time with the SR250's. When they are not working with the SR 250's, I use the OEM remote to turn them off or on and then out all of a sudden the next day they work again with SR250.

In any event I can't see why my program would list a Binary B 300 as a B 500. That in itself seems odd and doesn't make sense to me and I can't see why it would be that way?

The serial codes for both are identical so I don't thing that's a likely issue as such. As for the IR portion you're having issues with - they by default are not related to the driver, your system doesn't even 'know' you're using the switch to pass it through.

10 hours ago, Cyknight said:

The serial codes for both are identical so I don't thing that's a likely issue as such. As for the IR portion you're having issues with - they by default are not related to the driver, your system doesn't even 'know' you're using the switch to pass it through.

Thanks Cyknight. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

i would look more into the physically connections. the irs on the tvs them selves may not be in the optimal location and may need to be moved to keep it working.

Thanks Matt, Thats a good thought but we have checked the irs on the tv's and they are positioned correctly. Keep in mind that they work one day and not the next. 

13 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

if all connections are strong going all the way back to the controller. look at increasing the quanity or power of the power commands for the tv ir drivers.

So they already tried increasing the quantity of the commands by doubling them up, But increasing the power? I didn't know that was possible. Keep in mind that the mfg. OEM remote always works. It's the SR250 that doesn't always turn the TV on or Off and when it happens it usually lasts until the next day or so and then it just magically starts turning the TV on or off again with the SR250. BTW when the SR 250 is not turning the actual TV power on or off it still turns on the Direct TV box and audio ceiling speakers for the tv.

14 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Have you found a new local dealer yet??

Thanks for asking. The answer is no. My dealer owes me one more visit to finally finish the alarm and to make some adjustments, Oh and the latest is my TV in our cabana won't get a picture. It turns on and I get sound out of the auxiliary speakers but no picture. I remember they had some problems with the balun when they installed it. I think it could have something to do with the distance from the rack. I will cut him loose after that. He wanted to come this weekend but I couldn't make it. It will be over soon enough. 

I do plan on having Matt Lowe being my remote guy afterwards. I don't think I will need a local guy unless I need something new installed or something breaks. I will worry about it then. Maybe Matt will do a road trip and if he does I'll have him go through the system.

I don't have a single IR driver in my system anymore, but when I did I had an issue where at certain times of the day the sun would shine bright on the IR bud and it wouldn't work. The IR bud wasn't bright enough to be seen over the direct sunlight. The OEM remote would work, but not the IR bud.

Does yours ever happen to fall in direct sunlight? Do you have a "tent" over the IR bud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

I don't have a single IR driver in my system anymore, but when I did I had an issue where at certain times of the day the sun would shine bright on the IR bud and it wouldn't work. The IR bud wasn't bright enough to be seen over the direct sunlight. The OEM remote would work, but not the IR bud.

Does yours ever happen to fall in direct sunlight? Do you have a "tent" over the IR bud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow who would have thought of that when placing the IR bud. Unfortunately thats not the problem. My system could malfunction in the middle of the night when there is no light or glare and keep in mind that when it is malfunctioning the OEM remote turns the TV on and off fine and when it's malfunctioning the only thing it effects is the on/off function of the TV, the channel changing volume etc works fine.. I just have a gut feel thats it whatever the IR cabling connects to in the rack which I think is my B300. 

Archived