C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon Echo Dot in to HC300

drmark12pa

I just connected one of my dots into my HC300 based in my kitchen (system controller is an EA5, the HC300 is used basically to control TV in kitchen and runs a relay out to garage door) via the stereo audio inputs.  It is listed in navigator as Amazon Echo Dot using the stock driver apparently for this.

I have all the bindings apparently correct but cannot seem to get the audio to trigger correctly.  It literally did it one time and one time only then hasn't done so since.

I've seen some of the postings regarding audio into the C4 amp where the sensing audio triggers the zone to turn on.  However, this should be a simple audio in/audio out to room I would think....

Update... just got it playing again but only for a few moments.  I ask Alexa, play We Will Rock You By Queen, then ask weather forecast, everything is playing, goes back to We Will Rock You, audio drops, then I ask for weather forecast again and still no audio. 

If I turn off the zone, I can start audio again... "Alexa, tell me about the superbowl."..... Alexa:"Superbowl 51 will be played on ....." audio out...

9 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Plug your phone into the audio input. Make sure the input is working properly

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just plugged in my IPOD via the stereo jack (I only have one RCA running in as I don't have a splitter for the 3.5mm jack yet only a single 3.5mm) and it starts playing audio and then drops.

15 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

Just plugged in my IPOD via the stereo jack (I only have one RCA running in as I don't have a splitter for the 3.5mm jack yet only a single 3.5mm) and it starts playing audio and then drops.

so if it doesn't work right your ipod either, then its the controller...

13 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

It's almost as if the Amazon Echo Dot (with stock driver I assume) plays only short clips.  Should I enter the Dot as some other generic device to get better streaming?

no, the driver is fine.  The driver is just a connection.  It doesn't do anything beside create a software path.  Sounds like a controller issue.

5 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

no, the driver is fine.  The driver is just a connection.  It doesn't do anything beside create a software path.  Sounds like a controller issue.

Tried a different driver and same thing... I turn off zone, ask Alexa to tell me about something, LISTEN to Alexa, and still get just a few seconds of audio only.  I suppose I could experiment on another one of my controllers and see if the same thing happens on those as well.

1 hour ago, drmark12pa said:

Tried a different driver and same thing... I turn off zone, ask Alexa to tell me about something, LISTEN to Alexa, and still get just a few seconds of audio only.  I suppose I could experiment on another one of my controllers and see if the same thing happens on those as well.

Again, if it happens with a different driver, it sounds like your controller. As msgreenf said, add a generic driver, plug in an iPod, and test. If the audio still drops out, it's your controller, network, software, etc. Not the echo.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived