C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify in Sonos will stop working on upnp driver

Cyknight

It would seem that as of February 28th 2017, Spotify will cease to work on all Sonos systems NOT updated to v7.

As Sonos v7 and up systems already didn't work for Spotify on the old upnp driver, this will effectively mean the old upnp/EV (non - endorsed) driver will completely fail to work with Spotify.

Just a heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

Oy.  So someone please help me :(  because I am in this boat.  Up until now, I have been able to use Spotify with my C4.  Is this completely done, or will I be able to only use favorites, or nothing at all in the C4 app/tablet?

My Sonos driver is 8.1.3 but cannot get credentials or authenticate as of today

8 minutes ago, d1amund said:

You've known about it for months. Time to move on.

I have not known about it for months.  I am just finding out today that it does not work.  I also do not know what is accessible if upgraded which is why I asked a ?

You can only access Sonos favorites via C4. Thats all. Its not that bad...

Once you get used to switching to the Sonos app for music searching you will realize that is not the end of the world. Too bad for those that only use T3's.

12 minutes ago, mallom said:

You can only access Sonos favorites via C4. Thats all. Its not that bad...

Once you get used to switching to the Sonos app for music searching you will realize that is not the end of the world. Too bad for those that only use T3's.

I'm fine with this. But since I'm on old driver and old sonos software, I'll have to update both or do I only need to update sonos software? 

I'm fine with this. But since I'm on old driver and old sonos software, I'll have to update both or do I only need to update sonos software? 

You will need to update both.

A) Remove the EV Sonos driver and replace it with the Endorsed one (new). If you are not a dealer or have access to composer pro, you will need to call your dealer and have him do it for you. It should not take him more than 10 minutes to do it.

B) Update your Sonos apps/firmware to 7.1

I have not known about it for months.  I am just finding out today that it does not work.  I also do not know what is accessible if upgraded which is why I asked a ?

Then you have missed the other dozen threads relating to this on here and other forums and your dealer has failed to inform you. It is what it is. If you want Spotify via Sonos with Control4...your dealer needs to remove your drivers, and replace them with approved ones, for now.

2 hours ago, d1amund said:

Then you have missed the other dozen threads relating to this on here and other forums and your dealer has failed to inform you. It is what it is. If you want Spotify via Sonos with Control4...your dealer needs to remove your drivers, and replace them with approved ones, for now.

My dealer sucks. Anyone that has seen any of my posts knows that lol. 

As for what works, I just updated my sonos, not my c4 driver, and everything is working fine. I rarely used a tablet to search for music. I mainly used favorites so that's working just fine. 

Im noticing that when playing a favorite playlist from Spotify, c4 does not show the song and artist at the bottom of navigator.  Not sure if that's because my c4 driver has not been changed, but favorites are working  from Spotify 

Thanks for all the help. 

Archived