C4 Forums | Control4

Xantech MRC 88

SuperiorDan

Question

18 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Selaelo said:

I also recently purchased 2x Xantech  MRC88 amplifiers as second hand amplifiers trying to save costs of buying a control 8 zone amplifier due to funding. I need to connect the two Xantech MRC88 amplifiers to my existing Control4 home automation system. I contacted various Control4 system integrators in South Africa (Pretoria) and all of them they cannot locate where to purchase and install the Xantech MRC88 control4 drivers. The compelling reason for me wanting to use the Xantech MRC88 is leverage on controlling the speakers from the various zones

looks like you may have to have your dealer make you a  serial driver.

the RS-232 control codes and specifications can be found starting on page 86 of the manual

http://www.sirkom.com/datos/doc_productos/archivo351/mrc88_manual.pdf

I also recently purchased 2x Xantech  MRC88 amplifiers as second hand amplifiers trying to save costs of buying a control 8 zone amplifier due to funding. I need to connect the two Xantech MRC88 amplifiers to my existing Control4 home automation system. I contacted various Control4 system integrators in South Africa (Pretoria) and all of them they cannot locate where to purchase and install the Xantech MRC88 control4 drivers. The compelling reason for me wanting to use the Xantech MRC88 is leverage on controlling the speakers from the various zones

In continuation to my above post, can anyone tell me as to how to test whether the serial cable connection is actually working. Though I tried both type of serial cables, I am still not sure whether the problem is due to the cable or the commands. I will highly appreciate your inputs. Thanks

I am trying to integrate Xantech MRAudio88 with Control4 and its not working. I have a serial driver created using the commands given in Xantech website.I tried using both normal (e.g. "!1PR1+") and carriage return commands (e.g. "!1PR+\r") but the Xantech system is not responding to the commands. I tried using different serial cables (straight Through and Null Modem) but to no avail. I will be grateful if anyone can offer some help. Thanks.

When using the driver wizard input ascii commands in "" quotation marks. If you are using hex data you would input in this format $4D $40 $5E (add $ in front to show its a hex value). To input decimal data use this format 40 50 88 90 20 20 (no "" quotes and no $).

In the post above I entered "!1VI+8+\r" in driver wizard and it converted data from ascii to hex.

You should use driver wizard. In composer click on the driver tab @ the top, then click create new driver. you probably want to pick A/V switch for the device type.....

you don't need to convert to decimal. Create new serial driver and enter the ascii commands you have in quotation marks like this "!2PR+" also try it with carriage return "!2PR+\r" to see which ones work

the driver wizard will create <data>21 31 56 49 2b 38 2b 0d</data> part for you automatically

<displayname>Pulse zone 1 volume up</displayname>

<serialdata>

<original>"!1VI+8+\r"</original>

<data>21 31 56 49 2b 38 2b 0d</data>

</serialdata>

but if you want to convert something just google "ascii table"

I found the serial codes on their website

for instance zone1 power on is !1PR1+...........zone8 power on is !8PR1+

zone1 power off is !1PR0+...........zone8 power off is !8PR0+

zone1 source 1 !1SS1+....................zone 1 source 8 !1SS8+

zone2 source 1 !2SS1+.....etc.

I think you need a crossover cable

You should use the driver wizard

no really. i only create drivers on IR. this customer do not have any documentation i search on google about the serial codes but i did not find any useful information. i know that other person was using this equipment with control4 so i hope to find some help. I normally use the control4 audio amp but this customer already have this equipment. all the house is ready so i really hope some one may give me a hand on this.

Do you have any documentation that explains how to control it through rs232? That's the first step

Are you going to at least attempt to write it? You should try to write the driver and if you're stuck on something ask ?'s.

Anyone integrate an MRC88 with C4???

No, but I can't imagine it would be too tough. We're a dealer for both and creating the serial drivers for the C4 to control the MRC would be pretty easy. What do you want to do? How do you want the two to work together? Just control the basics of the MRC and let the C4 do the rest or more than the basics of the MRC?

Archived