C4 Forums | Control4

HC-300 Factory Reset - will not update

When I perform a factory reset, I get a message that says that Navigator was not installed but can be done so by using Update Manager.  The HC-300 shows up but in red text as 2.0.0.  Update Manager says it cannot update unless it is at least version 2.2.0 before it can be updated to 2.6 or later. I want to update to 2.8.0.

This is the output from device manager...  Any ideas?

+++-===============================-===============================-==============================================================================
ii  c4drivers                       2.2.4.200568-res                Control4 Drivers
ii  kernel-modules-wolverine        2.6.28.10-rc8.68                Linux 2.6 Kernel Modules
ii  rootfs-hc300                    2.2.4.200568-res                Root Filesystem
ii  system-version                  2.0.0.0                         System Version Utility
OK

The whole point to this is I need a serial port and my HC-250 IR Outs are full.

I'm sorry, did I do something wrong to merit a reputation point deduction?  I'm simply asking a question to see if that's something I can do.  According to you, I guess not!

??? Some tools/software/patches are not available to end-users. Other than that, I'm not sure what you are implying in the quoted post.

1 hour ago, C4Jockey said:

My apologies d1amund, it was funnyfarm299 who gave me a reputation point deduction for asking a question.  Sorry 299 for being unclear about what an end user can and cannot do with a system I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on.

I didn't downvote you because you asked a question.

How are you accessing update manager if you're not a dealer?

Archived