C4 Forums | Control4

Upgrade from 2.5.2 to 2.9 of director - does digital music still work on older touch screens

TesterGuy2008

Question

I have 2 4 inch touch screens, and 3 10 inch touch screens - one of them V2, and the others V1 on my system.   Plus several remotes - the 250 ones.   I just upgraded to 2.9, from 2.5.2.  

First -- in order to do this upgrade -- I had to change out my main processor from an HC1000 to an EA-3.   Additionally, my 10 inch devices had to be removed from the project -- a surprise to me - but the devices still interact with my director, but need to "manually" connect them when I refresh or power cycle.

My dealer tried to link my music that was on the HC1000 - however it would scan in, but on my 4 inch and 10 inch devices, I would select the music - press play -- and nothing would happen - as in it did not add it to the queue, or do anything.

Suggestion was to move the music to the USB drive, which I did -- and that still did not work either.

Now, thanks to this site, did I learn that since I am on 2.9, I can load the APP for control4 on my phone.   Now from this device, I can select music, and play it.   I can also select music on my remotes and it works as well.   Just does not work off my touch screens.

Question - do I have to now upgrade my touch screens in order to select music from my digital library?  Or is there something that can be done?   I do realize my 10 inch touch screens, are old, and had to be removed.   My 4 inch devices still remain in the project, just cannot select digital music

Note -- selecting other musical selections such as TuneIn, Internet Radio, or CD Player, or regular radio all work.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

9 hours ago, TesterGuy2008 said:

I have 2 4 inch touch screens, and 3 10 inch touch screens - one of them V2, and the others V1 on my system.   Plus several remotes - the 250 ones.   I just upgraded to 2.9, from 2.5.2.  

First -- in order to do this upgrade -- I had to change out my main processor from an HC1000 to an EA-3.   Additionally, my 10 inch devices had to be removed from the project -- a surprise to me - but the devices still interact with my director, but need to "manually" connect them when I refresh or power cycle.

My dealer tried to link my music that was on the HC1000 - however it would scan in, but on my 4 inch and 10 inch devices, I would select the music - press play -- and nothing would happen - as in it did not add it to the queue, or do anything.

Suggestion was to move the music to the USB drive, which I did -- and that still did not work either.

Now, thanks to this site, did I learn that since I am on 2.9, I can load the APP for control4 on my phone.   Now from this device, I can select music, and play it.   I can also select music on my remotes and it works as well.   Just does not work off my touch screens.

Question - do I have to now upgrade my touch screens in order to select music from my digital library?  Or is there something that can be done?   I do realize my 10 inch touch screens, are old, and had to be removed.   My 4 inch devices still remain in the project, just cannot select digital music

Note -- selecting other musical selections such as TuneIn, Internet Radio, or CD Player, or regular radio all work.

Thanks

Mini-touches and 10 inchers (NOT T3s) were both depreciated many versions ago. The new services will require a newer touch screen.

this method is completely unsupported and updating to later versions of software may continue to lose functionality in those screen. they were officially dropped in 2.6

music services and my music were all updated to new platforms with 2.6 as well so tunein if it was updated properly will no longer work as far as i know.

you may be able to setup some custom buttons to play pre defined playlist and such but that would be the only easy hack. 

since you have the app you may want to try that out and look at updating the touch screen when budget allows in any case.

Archived