C4 Forums | Control4

Best driver for Outdoor Gate

Quick question.  I have a driveway gate that currently can be opened by a card access relay installed in the box outside (ie. shows open in the UI when relay is activated).  I also have a honeywell contact sensor that tells me when the gate it opened with the button or car sensor.  is there a driver that can somehow combine the two so i get feedback and control instead of having 2 driveway gate drivers?  My dealer seems unsure...so we have 2 different "gates" on the UI, one for status other for control.

2 hours ago, knowitall said:

I've never seen a 2 let alone 3 relay gate but that's just me. And in the OP it states he has a card access relay that controls it so it should work fine

I have a customer with a gate that needs 3 relays, I am running a Axxess piece for it.  Missed the card access part (single relay).

The relay is to open only. Gate opens and stays open when relay is closed. Closes automatically.

The driver as stated above is the "Motorized Gate(Sensor)" driver that is under motorization in composer pro. .

Happy Automating!

• 1 month later...

The driver as stated above is the "Motorized Gate(Sensor)" driver that is under motorization in composer pro. .

Happy Automating!

Generally have this working but there is only a pulse option in this driver. Is there a driver that will keep the relay open or closed using card access?

No :(

But could be tweaked I am sure.

I have also in this situation put in a second driver and hid it from navigators. And this driver was for the hold open hold close relay. Then using programming based on the state of the motorized sensor gate it would open or close the relay of the hidden driver.

Happy Automating!

On 2/17/2017 at 6:53 PM, knowitall said:

I've never seen a 2 let alone 3 relay gate but that's just me. And in the OP it states he has a card access relay that controls it so it should work fine

Really??? a lot of gates have options for "open", "close", "stay open"

Archived