C4 Forums | Control4

My Movies and Dune Player

Mike_S101

Question

I am looking to understand how the dune player plays the files via the network via the my movies app.

I have setup my movies and the meta data has pulled across. 

I have setup up the dune and manually the files all play 

But when I push play on my movies in the navigator I get nothing, just the home screen on the front page of the dune

Any help would be much appreciated please 

7 answers to this question

HI Lippavisual

My Movies Software: Yes Full Version Paid and Intergrator

Dune Driver: Certified Dune Driver (Latest Version)

Storage: Western Digital DL 2100 NAS Drive

All devices have static address's

This issue I seem to be experiencing is that while I can play the movies manually from the Dune player and then Control 4 can see the meta data and I can push play and the system changes to the dune player, somewhere in between the My Movies player is not telling the dune which file to play 

When I am watching the dune and in the directory where the meta data is stored, the system then scans and "adds" files to the "playlist" but then after that it says playlist empty

The scan happens when I push play on a movie a control 4 navigator

First question is are you (sure you are) using the Collection Management Driver - the driver that allows importing data from MyMovies into C4. You can have mymoies as a program/server and still have C4 scan 'directly' and get meta data - but that's not the setup you are looking for.

If the answer there is YES, then the second question is WHICH certified driver are you using, bacuase there are two and only one of them is compatible with the collection management driver...

The one you want is the one MADe by C4 (inherited from EV) called Dune HD - NOT the one by Diamond Design called Dune Media Player

2 minutes ago, Mike_S101 said:

, as far as I am aware

I am using the DUNE HD (04 2016)) certified C4 driver

That would be the correct driver then.

2 hours ago, Mike_S101 said:

When I am watching the dune and in the directory where the meta data is stored, the system then scans and "adds" files to the "playlist" but then after that it says playlist empty

The scan happens when I push play on a movie a control 4 navigator

This may be where the answer will come from. I'm unclear what you mean here.

You select a movie in Control4 and some scan happens? Where does this scan occur? Is it in C4 or is it something you're seeing on the Dune itself?

What ydo you mean by playlist - again is this something you see in C4 or in the Dune itself.

Hello

Apologies for delayed response. I had a chat with customer support at C4 and the dialed into the controller and it turned out to be a corrupt driver pack on the EA5. They reloaded the driver pack and all is functioning as it should

Thank you all of your time in helping me with this

Archived