C4 Forums | Control4

Notification when specific alarm code entered

Jeffrey

Hello,

Now that I finally have my alarm integrated, I would like to do some programming.

First, I would like to be notified with an email when my kids enter their specific alarm code.

Not sure how to program it to send the email only for their code.

Thanks,

Jeff

Vista 20 panel houselogix integration

• 6 months later...

Perhaps it may be that specific panel that you couldn't program, but I was able to enable push notifications on a per user basis for mine. First, create the push notifications you want to use ("Alarm Disarmed by John"). Second, go to Alarm, under Alarm Events, click Disarmed. Add programming If Rack>Security Panel>Partition1DisarmedByUserID EQUAL to 1, send Push Notification 1. Keep going for however many user numbers you want individual notifications for.

4 hours ago, aekemmerer said:

Perhaps it may be that specific panel that you couldn't program, but I was able to enable push notifications on a per user basis for mine. First, create the push notifications you want to use ("Alarm Disarmed by John"). Second, go to Alarm, under Alarm Events, click Disarmed. Add programming If Rack>Security Panel>Partition1DisarmedByUserID EQUAL to 1, send Push Notification 1. Keep going for however many user numbers you want individual notifications for.

Mine too - DSC panel with Domosapiens driver

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, zaphod said:

Why - what is the risk in this instance?

On top of the defeating double security measure?

Twofold:

-One, depending on driver/setup you're adding the code to programming where it could potentially be read using ComposerPro or HE

-Two, most locks are not all that secure in that they use a 4 digit code that uses 5 unique indicators (every two numbers are in fact the same indicator - ie the 1/2 3/4 etc type code locks) - that's what only 625 possible combinations?

• 1 month later...

Archived