C4 Forums | Control4

Mirage MMS-1e Driver same as MMS-2a?

Dave w

I was told my autonomics tech support before it got acquired by snapav that the beta driver had been out for awhile and that it had been working great. I couldn't get it to work but the mms2a works great I like the Spotify interface better then the old sonos. 

I did initially have a problem with the mms2a it was causing the network to crash but ironically as soon as I disconnected the sonos from the network it's worked flawless.

Beyond from C4 integration/driver issues mentioned above.  I am really enjoying the 1e sound quality, flexibility, and stability.  The interfaces for ios and PC are really nice as well. I am thinking of replacing my Nuvo P series system with it once the bugs are worked out of beta.  I also did an A/B comparison with a Moon Audio Mind 180 on a high ed 2-channel sound system to compare Hi-res streaming sound quality and the e1 was much nicer all around. .  

I'm only using it in one zone so far to test, but it seems pretty much the same as Sonos.  I just don't know how it is for adding and combining zones.  There are some demo videos on YouTube though that show this. See link below.   I actually really like the NuVo interface for this, and it works great with Spotify. It just lacks Tidal.  Not sure why its not more popular.

Now if I could just get these damn C4 beta drivers to work with the e1.... lol. 

17 hours ago, Dave w said:

Beyond from C4 integration/driver issues mentioned above.  I am really enjoying the 1e sound quality, flexibility, and stability.  The interfaces for ios and PC are really nice as well. I am thinking of replacing my Nuvo P series system with it once the bugs are worked out of beta.  I also did an A/B comparison with a Moon Audio Mind 180 on a high ed 2-channel sound system to compare Hi-res streaming sound quality and the e1 was much nicer all around. .  

The only way I will use these is with Control4 integration, if that is lacking I really have no use for them, and will likely stick with subpar Sonos situation for now

I don't think the integration on the 2 or 5 is lacking, it's fairly well featured. What does have me worried is that the iOS app for Mirage appears to have not been updated for the newest ios release. Makes me a bit nervous going with it as distributed audio. May end up just adding C4 in my second location after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived