C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE - Director not connecting only the network

My C4 system installed in 2013. Always at the mercy of the "dealer". My system is down and this issue seems to always happen when there is an extended power outage. (We had a backup power supply added to the system for this reason.) in the past the dealer would come in and fix it but didn't share how to fix it. Usually a 5 min fix.  The network shows its connected but the "Director" is disconnected and I can't seem to get it connected. Think it reassigned a new IP address? It's amazing how we rely on everything to work and when it's down....frustrating....any help?!!!

It could be caused because the director process was not enabled by the HC when it turned on again. To enable this process you need the system manager option from composer pro (I am not sure if the composer home edition has the system manager software). In system manager you have to click on your HC and then click on status tab and check the status of director. If it is disabled you can enable it and try to access the HC from the director again. Also you can check navigator process status.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Archived