C4 Forums | Control4

Wink Driver Pack Version 2

phileaton

We are happy to announce open beta testing for version 2 of our popular Wink Driver Pack. This version is a major overhaul with greatly expanded device support and will be a free update to everyone who currently owns the driver.

Features

• Ring Doorbell button press detection
  • Ring Doorbell motion detection
  • Arlo, ArloQ, Nest Cam and Ring stick up cam motion detection
  • Blind support
  • Door lock support
  • MyQ and other Wink garage doors
  • Dimmers and binary light switch drivers supporting Z-wave, ZigBee, Philips Hue, Lutron and others
  • Sensors including leak detectors, smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, motion sensors and others
  • Read access to any device in your account through a new generic Wink device driver
  • Greatly simplified driver structure and easier installation with drop down lists of device names

How do I get it?

The open beta can be activated by having your dealer install the driver files linked to below and activating with the key “BETA”. 

Download

How can I help?

We are interested in any feedback you have. We are especially interested in hearing from users with blinds and door locks. 

What happened to the old drivers?

The older drivers for different devices such as spotter, refuel, garage doors, etc. are discontinued in favor of a simpler driver structure. Now all these devices can be represented with a single generic Wink device driver. This driver will automatically configure itself upon linking with your account and setup all the appropriate variables, relays and contacts. This allows us to support many more devices and reduces the number of drivers that have to be maintained.  We still have the binary switch and dimmer drivers in order to provide the appropriate UI experience in navigator. Your other devices can also be displayed in navigator by linking relays and contacts to the appropriate control4 generic device drivers. Details are provided in the documentation. 

Limitations and requirements

This driver requires OS 2.9 or later
Video on cameras and doorbells is not supported
Wink is in the process of updating their integration with Rachio. We will try to add support for sprinklers when this is completed.
We have not yet implemented a thermostat specific driver. It’s the next thing on the roadmap for this driver.

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/19/2017 at 7:18 PM, phileaton said:

We are happy to announce open beta testing for version 2 of our popular Wink Driver Pack. This version is a major overhaul with greatly expanded device support and will be a free update to everyone who currently owns the driver.

Features

• Ring Doorbell button press detection
  • Ring Doorbell motion detection
  • Arlo, ArloQ, Nest Cam and Ring stick up cam motion detection
  • Blind support
  • Door lock support
  • MyQ and other Wink garage doors
  • Dimmers and binary light switch drivers supporting Z-wave, ZigBee, Philips Hue, Lutron and others
  • Sensors including leak detectors, smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, motion sensors and others
  • Read access to any device in your account through a new generic Wink device driver
  • Greatly simplified driver structure and easier installation with drop down lists of device names

How do I get it?

The open beta can be activated by having your dealer install the driver files linked to below and activating with the key “BETA”. 

Download

How can I help?

We are interested in any feedback you have. We are especially interested in hearing from users with blinds and door locks. 

What happened to the old drivers?

The older drivers for different devices such as spotter, refuel, garage doors, etc. are discontinued in favor of a simpler driver structure. Now all these devices can be represented with a single generic Wink device driver. This driver will automatically configure itself upon linking with your account and setup all the appropriate variables, relays and contacts. This allows us to support many more devices and reduces the number of drivers that have to be maintained.  We still have the binary switch and dimmer drivers in order to provide the appropriate UI experience in navigator. Your other devices can also be displayed in navigator by linking relays and contacts to the appropriate control4 generic device drivers. Details are provided in the documentation. 

Limitations and requirements

This driver requires OS 2.9 or later
Video on cameras and doorbells is not supported
Wink is in the process of updating their integration with Rachio. We will try to add support for sprinklers when this is completed.
We have not yet implemented a thermostat specific driver. It’s the next thing on the roadmap for this driver.

I'm using the beta, If I want to add a ge motion sensor will i need to add a wink hub? 

if it's the GE portable smart motion sensor then yes. Anything that uses zigbee, kiddie, or zwave radio needs to go through a hub wifi products like MyQ and thermostats do not. 

By the way, the thermostat driver supporting Ecobee, Nest, Honeywell and zwave is almos ready for testing. 

I tested the driver today and it is working great.

Most of the limitation comes from the Hub not paring the Fan controller correctly (it recognizes as a dimmer in Wink). But the relay connection with a generic Fan driver gives me On and Off and I can live with that, maybe in the future when Wink recognizes the device correctly you could implement High, Mid, Low and OFF.

The feedback is really good. I will add more devices next week and keep testing. Keep us posted on the Rachio integration!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to use the wink driver to integrate my myQ garage door.  I understand from other threads in this forum that I don't need a wink hub for that purpose.  Still I would like to get a sense for how this would work before I ask my dealer to install the driver. The driver pack has 5 drivers.  I am looking at the Synapse Wink API Driver Manual from version 1 of the driver pack.  It is here:

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/wink-driver-pack

Does the same installation process apply to version 2?  The manual says to first install the Wink API Connect driver.  

The next step is to enter the Wink username and password.  I assume that I can do that in my own Composer HE after my dealer has done step 1.  Is this correct?  (This worked with previous driver installations for other devices)

The next step is to configure device drivers where you add additional Wink drivers.  Here is where the process is not clear to me.  I see that in version 1 of the driver pack there is a Wink_Garage_Door driver but not in the new one.  I suppose that means I don't need to install a separate device driver for myQ.  Am I correct?  If so does this mean I am basically done after the previous step? (And subsequently entering my wink username and password).

At what point will I provide my myQ username and password so that the Wink driver can find my garage door?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

We are working on version 2 documentation. We no longer have a garage door driver. We replaced it with the generic device driver and it can be used for anything execept lights, thermostats and sprinklers. Everything else is the same. 

Thank you very much for the speedy reply!

So just to be clear, after installing the Wink_API_Connect, my dealer should also add Wink_Device?

And do you know if I have to give him my Wink password or can I enter it using Composer HE after he installs the driver?

• 2 months later...

@phileaton I'm having a hell of a time getting things to work with your driver, and I've had two people take a look at it, both with mixed results.

1. There is a huge resource suck happening on the driver...keeps trying to ping an outside site and trying to ping a wink activation server--but just gets stuck in a loop.

2. The garage door function works--then doesn't work--then works again.

Can you help?

For some reason the device I have linked to Wink is not reporting its status to Control4. I am unable to control it and when I try to, my system slows down for about 15-30 seconds.

Driver_debug.log shows:

2017-07-31 17:18:44 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] ERROR: ProjectSave: Skipping bad driver "Wink API Connect" because XML generation is taking too long.
2017-07-31 17:20:28 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] ERROR: ProjectSave: Skipping bad driver "Wink API Connect" because XML generation is taking too long.
2017-07-31 17:21:25 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] ERROR: Driver xml generation for driver took 1 seconds [id: 452][name: Wink API Connect(452)]
2017-07-31 17:23:15 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] ERROR: ProjectSave: Skipping bad driver "Wink API Connect" because XML generation is taking too long.
2017-07-31 17:25:00 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] ERROR: ProjectSave: Skipping bad driver "Wink API Connect" because XML generation is taking too long.

Director.log shows:

2017-07-31 17:27:15.622 -0500 home-controller-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] WARN: GetPersistState(): Driver state data exceeds 500K [id: 452][name: Wink API Connect][size: 906463]
2017-07-31 17:27:15.681 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] ERROR: *** LONG FUNCTION *** [wall time: 30.890976][cpu time: 30.910000]
2017-07-31 17:27:15.682 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] WARN: Driver xml generation for driver Wink API Connect took more than one second.
2017-07-31 17:27:15.693 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] WARN: ProjectSave: Bad driver (452) will save again at about 18:27:15
2017-07-31 17:27:15.693 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] ERROR: *** LONG FUNCTION *** [wall time: 30.902915][cpu time: 30.910000]

When I try to turn the device On/Off from a C4 interface, I get a CPU spike from 1% to 30% and a memory increase from 365mb to 450mb+. Everything is working fine over the Wink side. Im too lazy to reboot my controller now, I will do it later.

On 7/31/2017 at 5:43 PM, mallom said:

For some reason the device I have linked to Wink is not reporting its status to Control4. I am unable to control it and when I try to, my system slows down for about 15-30 seconds.

Driver_debug.log shows:

2017-07-31 17:18:44 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] ERROR: ProjectSave: Skipping bad driver "Wink API Connect" because XML generation is taking too long.
2017-07-31 17:20:28 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] ERROR: ProjectSave: Skipping bad driver "Wink API Connect" because XML generation is taking too long.
2017-07-31 17:21:25 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] ERROR: Driver xml generation for driver took 1 seconds [id: 452][name: Wink API Connect(452)]
2017-07-31 17:23:15 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] ERROR: ProjectSave: Skipping bad driver "Wink API Connect" because XML generation is taking too long.
2017-07-31 17:25:00 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] ERROR: ProjectSave: Skipping bad driver "Wink API Connect" because XML generation is taking too long.

Director.log shows:

2017-07-31 17:27:15.622 -0500 home-controller-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] WARN: GetPersistState(): Driver state data exceeds 500K [id: 452][name: Wink API Connect][size: 906463]
2017-07-31 17:27:15.681 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] ERROR: *** LONG FUNCTION *** [wall time: 30.890976][cpu time: 30.910000]
2017-07-31 17:27:15.682 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] WARN: Driver xml generation for driver Wink API Connect took more than one second.
2017-07-31 17:27:15.693 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] WARN: ProjectSave: Bad driver (452) will save again at about 18:27:15
2017-07-31 17:27:15.693 -0500 home-controller-800-XXXXXXXXXXXXX [3447] ERROR: *** LONG FUNCTION *** [wall time: 30.902915][cpu time: 30.910000]

When I try to turn the device On/Off from a C4 interface, I get a CPU spike from 1% to 30% and a memory increase from 365mb to 450mb+. Everything is working fine over the Wink side. Im too lazy to reboot my controller now, I will do it later.

I was able to solve the issue by removing and adding the license key. I guess it refreshed or sync'ed the account again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.