C4 Forums | Control4

Wink Driver Pack Version 2

phileaton

Did you install the system manager driver? That’s usually what that error means. We took our drivers off HouseLogix because they are no longer providing support. Until we can find a suitable support solution we are not selling any more drivers. 

1 minute ago, Jed Peters said:

Phil. Are YOU providing support?

I am trying my best to address any problems that come up. I enjoy writing drivers for Control4 and that's why I started doing this. However, it's not my main line of work so we contracted with Extra Vegetables and then Houselogix to provide support so that I could write drivers. It's becoming more trouble than it's worth to keep switching vendors and there is no way I can get to support emails as fast as their full time staff could. 

16 hours ago, phileaton said:

I am trying my best to address any problems that come up. I enjoy writing drivers for Control4 and that's why I started doing this. However, it's not my main line of work so we contracted with Extra Vegetables and then Houselogix to provide support so that I could write drivers. It's becoming more trouble than it's worth to keep switching vendors and there is no way I can get to support emails as fast as their full time staff could. 

@phileaton can you PLEASE either respond to my email, fix your driver in my system, or refund my money so I can get a driver that's properly functioning?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2017 at 10:55 PM, phileaton said:

No surprise some of the smaller developers would feel this way.  Sad Houselogix had to be like that and I don't feel their support was ever that great anyway.

Also, what do we do when the beta period is up? 

I literally installed this weeks before houselogix took it down/stopped selling it. Then installed the beta. Then it works. Now beta is broken and the period of time has run out for the license.

this is the kind of stuff that gives control4 a bad taste in people’s mouths.

@phileaton if your driver was never ready to be sold to the general population, you shouldn’t have offered it. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2017 at 10:00 PM, cdepaola said:

@phileaton

Just curious if you have any update on the Wink Driver, beta or production?  Just trying to determine if we should ditch this solution and move on to something different or if an update is forthcoming? 

Thanks!

Yeah, I'd like to know, too. I'm pretty heavily invested and would sure like for this thing to work. @msgreenf Mitch, are you going to get involved?

My Wink hub is actually working very well with their latest updates to do more local control. 

1 hour ago, Elvis said:

Yeah, I'd like to know, too. I'm pretty heavily invested and would sure like for this thing to work. @msgreenf Mitch, are you going to get involved?

My Wink hub is actually working very well with their latest updates to do more local control. 

@Elvis I have talked to Phil but this is not something I am currently going to take on.  But I have talked to Phil about other options

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.