C4 Forums | Control4

Lutron SmartBridge Integration

DIEHARD

So when I was getting my C4 system installed the actual installer told me I might want to look at adding a Lutron Smart Bridge and have them tie it in to C4 for me if i wanted to be able to add my own devices.

Does that mean that if I have them integrate the Lutron box with my C4 box that when I add switches or other devices to the Lutron system they will show up in C4 and I can create scripts for them there? Using a Lutron vs C4 Dimmer doesn't really matter all that much to me as long as they can be treated the same.

I am wondering because I still have a bunch of 3 way lights I want to be able to replace and automate as well as a whole unfinished basement I would like to add to the system eventually as well.

Would be nice if I could just build it out as I go and not have to do it in bulk due to needing the dealer to add each device to the system. I don't have the $$ to do it in bulk, and don't have the $$ to piece it together if i have to call the dealer for each switch I add.

By adding the SmartBridge, it will not auto populate in the Control4 system.

What you will have to do is add an individual driver for each switch that you want to be controlled with in the Control4 environment. However, this means that if you can get your hands on the lutron product, and the software, you can add the switches to the lutron environment yourself. And create your own scenes within that.

The most solid advice I could give you, and others will chime in as well, is to use native Control4 product whenever possible. Talk to your dealer, and ask if he would be willing to sell you the switches directly, and you have your local electrician install them for you. After they are in and physically working, have your dealer come out and add them to your system. This seems to be the most efficient way to manage your Control4 dealers hours.

Happy Automating!

Archived