C4 Forums | Control4

Bell canada receiver

An IR driver exists since other cable companies use the Motorola (now Arris) VIP2262 DVR and companion 2xxx receivers. Search for 2262 or VIP2262 and you should get a bunch of hits.

The Arris receivers aren't especially good with universal remotes due to the IR code set they use. If you Google it you'll see a number of complaints from people trying to get various universal remotes to work with them.

Mine works OK with C4, but the receiver misses a lot of IR codes, so typing channel numbers can be hit & miss. From what I read, those devices use IR codes that alternate, so pressing "4" twice in a row uses slightly different codes. Most universal remotes don't replicate that, so the receiver sometimes misses the code.

If anybody knows of a C4 driver for the Arris VIP2xxx-series that works better than the ones in the database, I'd love to know about it.

Wow. So complicated . 1. Arris has toggle codes. Every button has 2 ir codes, A and B. 2. There are few ways to make your stuff working. First one, C 4 has driver for Arris. In composer you need to type "shaw". It will be shown, small problem with it, it is missing few commands and you cant customize it. Second, customize your driver, go to driver wizard and just record mussing commands by using your original remote or find HEX codes of missing commands on internet. Third, I think I have working well driver, so I can give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd appreciate it if you could upload your Bell Fibe VIP 2xxx driver here. The C4 database has a few Shaw drivers, but they have Shaw's naming (ex. "Home Gateway") rather than Motorola/Arris numbers like VIP2262, so I'd have to try a few of them to see which ones do & don't work.

I'm surprised that there isn't a better IR driver in the C4 database; I thought they were used by some of the US TV providers like UVerse?

2 hours ago, rosenqui said:

I'd appreciate it if you could upload your Bell Fibe VIP 2xxx driver here. The C4 database has a few Shaw drivers, but they have Shaw's naming (ex. "Home Gateway") rather than Motorola/Arris numbers like VIP2262, so I'd have to try a few of them to see which ones do & don't work.

I'm surprised that there isn't a better IR driver in the C4 database; I thought they were used by some of the US TV providers like UVerse?

Shaw's aren't similar to Bell I believe - and those are named that way because Shaw uses the same codes across all devices, as do Bell and most others. It's far more sensible to make driver by provider vs box brand for that very reason. When Shaw for example changed there boxes to Pace vs Motorola, most old Motorola drivers ceased to work, yet driver based on Shaw's own remote codes kept working just fine.

You could try the Telus as at least those are similar fibre/optic devices.

Note that there are only two Shaw CABLE drivers in the DB - one is for the gateway system (similar to X1) and works on the DVR unit as well as all portals the other for the 'normal' cable boxes which works on all HD (non-gateway/portal) boxes. The third driver is Shaw Direct (satellite)

Archived