C4 Forums | Control4

Music From USB Drops Sound. please help!

hello all,

OS 2.9.1

araknis gigabit switches/network

dsl internet

I have a customer with a ea5(director) and 800 as a slave with a 2tb WD hard drive with the external power supply plugged into the 800.

i have tried everything in my knowledge and different combination of things. I have even tried to dummy down the audio by putting in a speaker point in the room to disable the advanced audio. the i'm issue having is that the sound will just drop and cut out and sometimes will come back others you have to pick another song and it will then play again. what i can tell the music streaming services work fine..

I have spoke with C4 tech support a few times trying different number of things and it's just not working out.

any suggestions would be great i figured the forums would be my next bet. i'm heading the customers house tomorrow to try a few more things.

44 minutes ago, DiRtYPOO said:

2tb WD hard drive

How is this thing formatted, and is it one of those driver with easy backup/autobackup/pushbutton backup?

Have you tried TuneIn, and is that fine (sounds like it but not 100% clear to me)? If yes, then my first though would be either the drive (Controllers do NOT like 'fancy' drives, the simpler the better) or possibly the controller's USB port.

For a test, bring a USB stick, copy some of the audio files from the 2Tb (test a few files as it stands, make sure you grab songs that fail jsut in case). Try using the USB stick in the 800 instead, if it still fails, try the USB stick in the EA5.

48 minutes ago, DiRtYPOO said:

i have tried everything in my knowledge and different combination of things

It's hard to give more detailed advise based on this - can't 'forum mind read' what your knowledge is, what you've tried.

Sounds like you've been looking primarily at streaming/digital audio and networking based on what you say, and if streaming services work fine, that's NOT a likely issue.

Oh also, what formats are the files in?

I'll have to test that usb idea I was thinking making the usb hooked up to the ea5.. and of what I could tell tunein works fine as well as shairbridge.

the hard drive is just formatted as a fat32 nothing fancy

just plugs in and c4 installs the driver and info it's self and I just add through media.

Archived