C4 Forums | Control4

FLIRC and an Nvidia Shield 2017

I recently picked up the Nvidia Shield 2017 16gb version with a Flirc since it doesn't have a IR input. I have the nvidia driver but the commands are being recognizing. Anyone integrate a nvidia shield with flirc into Control4?  Any ideas ?  Thx. 

You need to do 3 things.  1 plug the flirc into the shield --> then you need a flirc driver in control4 that can send the IR commands to the FLIRC that it expects for up, down, left, right, etc.

That is the part that I can't find any documentation to do.  

figured it out.  You need to install the FLRIC software on your PC, perform any firmware upgrades and then load the profile attached.  Then the C4 Shield Driver works.

for those of you who need it here is the FLRIC config file.  The buttons are:

Up

Down

Left

Right

Select

Prev (mapped to CNCL)

Home (mapped to MENU)

my_flirc_config.fcfg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 26/2/2017 at 1:11 AM, uddinz said:

It seems 100%

Hi uddinz!, were you able to control nvidia shield environment and KODI inside with the same profile of FLIRC?. I have control4 as well and I want to be sure that the full integration is possible.

Did you run into any issue with the nvidia shield getting into Sleep mode?. Maybe an unsleep mapping button?.

Could you please describe where did you get the C4 Shield Driver and configuration steps in composer?.

C4 Shield Driver have de IR codes to send to the FLIRC, right? O.o

Thanks in advance!.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived