C4 Forums | Control4

HC200 upgrade fail

I just tried upgrading my HC200 from 2.4 to 2.5 , it has been hours, cannot connect back to it. The link and data light are flashing. I'm afraid to reboot it. Is it still processing the upgrade? It has been about 4 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,  It is the primary controller and also has a media controller. Using composer 2.5.

It is still just blinking back and forth between data and link. Been almost 2 weeks now. I guess I will go ahead and reboot it and see it that is what it needs.

Wish me luck.

On 3/3/2017 at 9:29 AM, Derrick Cain said:

Hi Garp,  Any luck?  Is this a secondary or primary controller of the system?  It shouldn't be updating that long.

No luck. tried rebooting after it sat for 14 days with the link and data lights flashing back and forth, same result. Power light lit, link and data flashing back and forth. Will not appear in Composer Pro 2.5. It is the primary controller for a small system that just runs one entertainment setup ( tv, dvr, dvd\Blu ray ) , half a dozen motion sensors, 4 dimmers, and the media controller I use just to connect a few contact sensors and sprinkler relays.  

I haven't touched the setup in about 5 years, has been working fine. A few weeks ago, my Sr-250 died... (OK, my Treeing Walker Coonhound ate it).  I added a new(used) one to the project and all was working fine for a few days. I also use my system as a faux 'alarm' system while I am away that texts me when certain motion sensors detect movement. I was going to remove one of the motion sensors from the ones that trip texts, and stupidly decided to update the controller from 2.4 to 2.5. Last time I updated a controller was 2012. I don't recall it being much of a hassle. I may still have a bunch of thumb drives that can re-flash the 200 but I'd like to think it could be recovered some other way. 

1 hour ago, Garp said:

I just factory reset it, reloaded the project and it is working fine again. It's back at the original 2.0.2 though.

you really should be running 2.5.3

Use the device image updater (KB 1734) to put it on 2.5.3 then reload the project.

20 hours ago, funnyfarm299 said:

you really should be running 2.5.3

Use the device image updater (KB 1734) to put it on 2.5.3 then reload the project.

If I knew what the flashing link and data lights meant and why the update failed I might try it again someday.

Archived