C4 Forums | Control4

Adding Card Access sensor

drmark12pa

I just finally purchased a Card Access wireless sensor in hope of using it in my garage to turn off an on lights.  I currently use a GE Concord 4 home security system and have a motion sensor in the garage but due to the delay in repeating commands, it's not very effective in using as a trigger sensor for motion and subsequent Control4 programming events (the GE sensors have a 3 or minute timer built in before repeating a transmission to preserve battery life from my research).

Do the Card Access sensors simply add into the Control4 project as a separate device which can then be programmed based on motion trigger?  It is a Zigbee Pro I should mention.

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

yeah, there is a driver and you add it and identify it just like anything else.

Is it a driver that my dealer has to (again) add or is it a simple add to the system like any C4 product with the drivers already built in so to speak?

Just now, drmark12pa said:

Is it a driver that my dealer has to (again) add or is it a simple add to the system like any C4 product with the drivers already built in so to speak?

no drivers are build in.  Dealer has to add driver and identify it.

Would you say that the Card Access sensors are better or just different than the GE sensors?  Can these be incorporated into the GE Concord for use as security or are they more for use as true motion sensor just to trigger events? 

Any recommendations adjusting the settings on the Card Access wireless motion sensor? Looking at some of the things such as occupancy hold and I'm a bit confused as to what adjustment may be the best. If I'm going to use this in my garage to trigger the lights to turn off what might be the best for some of these adjustments?

• 2 weeks later...

Have 2 Card Access sensors finally installed (will possibly add more as I see how they work).  But I'm looking for some tips on the programming.  The first sensor I've put in my office so when I walk in, the light turns on, a fountain turns on, and my music turns on.  I've attached screen shots of what I've adjusted the sensor settings to.  However, I'm wondering what I should adjust these settings to so that while I'm working on my computer (some movement and I've tested the sensor to see that there is enough movement to keep the sensor recognizing I'm in the room) the room doesn't turn off after a period of time.  I'm a little confused by the OCCUPANCY HOLD TIME used with the CHECK IN INTERVAL setting and making sure that these are in sync so to speak.  I figure that even if I walk out of the room to run to the bathroom for example, 10 minutes would be the most time I'd need before shutting off the room.  Any suggestions?

Screen shot 1 is the sensor settings

Screen shot 2 is when motion is detected

Screen shot 3 is when no motion is detectedsensor.thumb.JPG.4b2bf239ac837935ff99e57669087a73.JPG

sensor on.JPG

sensor off.JPG

I typically use a timer for occupancy triggers.

So when motion sensor senses motion> reset the timer

Then

When timer is started do x, y, and z

When timer expires turn off x, y, and z

this way when the sensor sees motion when the room is on it restarts the timer each time

I just tried a timer and for some reason the timer is not resetting even though I've dialed down the OCCUPANCY HOLD TIME to 5 seconds and have been doing a motion test and clearly the sensor is sensing my motion ( sensitivity on higher setting as well).   It's as if the timer is running it's course and nothing will reset it back to the full timer.... Now I'm confused....

Archived