C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Training

Elvis

I'm assuming, based on conversations with my dealer, that C4 trained installers and programmers are in high demand. Good assumption?

Could someone pay their own way for training to be more marketable, or is best to find a dealer/employer and go through them?

Thank you.

That's what I was afraid of... can't get hired because he isn't trained, can't get trained because nobody will hire him because he isn't trained. He's gotta be willing to move.

Yes the dealer actually calls their inside sales person or local rep and signs you up. Like I said its a catch 22 because you cannot get hired with experience unless you worked at a dealer before. To be honest if you want a dealer to hire you, the C4 part is easy to learn. Become a pro with networking, security stuff (CCTV, Alarm theory) and AV stuff and most dealers would hire you and let you learn the C4 part. The only time C4 really gets complex is relay and contact logic beyond simple door contact or when trying to find the right and/if/or statement and how they relate to what you are doing. A lot of dealers actually DONT want you to have C4 experiance becuase they have to teach you the way they want things done and not listen to you say "no we did it like this"...

Archived