C4 Forums | Control4

Composer Proxy Binding Error

Zac

Question

I've attached a picture of an error I've been getting. I'm developing a driver, but right now I'm just trying to get any code to run through the HC250 I have.

In addition to this error Composer is giving me, the Log statements I put in the 'On' function are not showing up in the actual logs. Any tips?

Thanks.

composer.png

6 answers to this question

I think I've found the solution: I deleted some entries from "Connections" when I started out with the TV driver, because I thought they were unnecessary. Turns out, they are necessary. A TV proxy without a connection bound to it will fail. I remade the project from the template, and I'm not going to delete anything until I have running Lua code.

1 hour ago, Zac said:

I've attached a picture of an error I've been getting. I'm developing a driver, but right now I'm just trying to get any code to run through the HC250 I have.

In addition to this error Composer is giving me, the Log statements I put in the 'On' function are not showing up in the actual logs. Any tips?

Thanks.

composer.png

What Make & Model TV are you trying to add? Is there not a driver already online for it?

27 minutes ago, hank31980 said:

What Make & Model TV are you trying to add? Is there not a driver already online for it?

I'm developing a driver for a company. I'm using the TV Proxy just to kick the project off, but I'm having trouble getting the thing to actually run the Lua code I wrote. My plan was to swap the TV proxy for something more fitting later.

1 hour ago, Zac said:

I think I've found the solution: I deleted some entries from "Connections" when I started out with the TV driver, because I thought they were unnecessary. Turns out, they are necessary. A TV proxy without a connection bound to it will fail. I remade the project from the template, and I'm not going to delete anything until I have running Lua code.

Good idea :) you need the default connections at a minimum...Are you sure the TV proxy is the right proxy for what you are building?

Archived