alanchow

Chowmain - Sky+HD / SkyQ / Sky Q Mini for Control4

On 05/04/2018 at 1:43 AM, alanchow said:

Thanks for the feedback.  The sky web service we were using was discontinued.  As such we worked yesterday on finding a new solution.  Sounds like the solution we implemented has limited channels.  We will look into this and provide an updated fix asap.

Hi Alan, any idea on timeframes, also will this new driver with more channel be an auto update or will it require dealer intervention or can I do it with HE, I am new so forgive me if this is a stupid question. :blink:

3 hours ago, appliedautomation said:

I'd say its nearly ready as I have a working version at the moment. The driver will auto update.

Great service as ever and a great driver too, its my favourite and the most used of all by all the family. :D

13 hours ago, Stevestobo said:

Hi Alan, any idea on timeframes, also will this new driver with more channel be an auto update or will it require dealer intervention or can I do it with HE, I am new so forgive me if this is a stupid question. :blink:

The update will be out next week and will be issued via an auto update.  Note that you may need to add in the Sky Q IP address via the drivers properties which can be done via Composer HE.

12 hours ago, alanchow said:

The update will be out next week and will be issued via an auto update.  Note that you may need to add in the Sky Q IP address via the drivers properties which can be done via Composer HE.

Can you post on here when it’s available please so I can then add the IP address. Thanks. 

Update

• Sky Channels driver will now utilise the Sky Q box for channel meta data if the IP address of Sky Q is entered in the driver.
  • If the Sky Q box is not responsive then it will revert back to the Sky web service for data based on the selected Region.

On 4/9/2018 at 4:48 PM, Stevestobo said:

Brilliant, all channels are back now. Thanks

On 4/10/2018 at 10:35 PM, Gary Leeds UK said:

Everything sorted this side too 🎉

thank you Alan 

Thanks guys for the feedback.

Hi all,  I am a C4 newbie, I have installed the Chowmain Sky Driver at my home showroom and have IP control over my 3 x Sky+HD boxes, but I am struggling with getting the channel listings on any of the UI devices, what am I doing wrong, or not doing ?  I followed all the instructions, have I missed something or is there something else I need to install ?

Cheers !

15 hours ago, nelsonriddle said:

Hi all,  I am a C4 newbie, I have installed the Chowmain Sky Driver at my home showroom and have IP control over my 3 x Sky+HD boxes, but I am struggling with getting the channel listings on any of the UI devices, what am I doing wrong, or not doing ?  I followed all the instructions, have I missed something or is there something else I need to install ?

Cheers !

Please submit a ticket to our helpdesk and our Australian and US helpdesk agents will walk you through the setup.

https://help.drivercentral.io/

Alternatively Control4 Technical Support in the UK are quite familiar with our driver so they may be able to assist if you prefer someone in your timezone.