C4 Forums | Control4

Hikvision NVR - Need Help - Do I Have the Wrong One?

I've recently bought all of our surveillance equipment and bought what I had thought, or was told would integrate with our C4. 

The NVR is as follows:

http://www.hikvision.com/us/Products_1_10649_i8678.html

My installer came today and said this one would not integrate with C4. 

Does anyone have any insight? Or could anyone tell me which 4 channel Hikvision NVR I need? 

Thanks in advance! 

Brian 

Thanks, I saw that and showed him. Also, he said he doesn't think this NVR records based on motion, it's just continuous (Is prefer Motion so I can program off of motion). 

Does this NVR have any limitations? I saw this comment under the driver: 

Hikvision DS-7600 series NVR firmware only has H264 settings for the camera no mpeg settings

No that will work fine. And yes it record motion, however you can't see the motion events in your phone app if you have continuous recording enabled. You need to use a computer to see motion events.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Gix656 said:

No that will work fine. And yes it record motion, however you can't see the motion events in your phone app if you have continuous recording enabled. You need to use a computer to see motion events.

What do you mean "you can't see the motion events" ? you can see all  on smart phone app. no problem. download  HIK vision app, log in and no problem, local access, remote access to NVR, all records. No problems.

you have 2 way to connect hik. 

1. connect all cameras to PoE switch

2. add  Hik cameras driver 

3. read documents attached and make it working

All checked - all works.

another way (didn't try, but told it works)

1. download HIK NVR/DVR driver

2. read documents attached

3. make it working

What do you mean "you can't see the motion events" ? you can see all  on smart phone app. no problem. download  HIK vision app, log in and no problem, local access, remote access to NVR, all records. No problems.

When continuous recording is enabled, motion recording will not show up through the phone app for me. They never have. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong but I've talked to my local rep about this issue and he acknowledged it.

I have the 7604 nvr and I have push notifications for motion detection and can view on the phone all without issue

Not intergrated my nvr with c4 as I don't see the benefit v the cost of the household driver. 

Thank you all for the responses and help. So, it looks like if I want integrated with C4, I buy the driver (is the easiest way). 

I may just get a different NVR that I know fully integrates without having to buy a separate driver.

Does anyone know the cost of the 7600 Series Driver from Houselogix?

Archived