C4 Forums | Control4

SONY NEW 2017 UHD BLURAY player UBP-X800

So, is Oppo worth the premium?  Someone looking for a high quality player probably isn't concerned about the apps.  I'd be most concerned that its going to beat Sony in picture quality at double the price.

16 minutes ago, JB1 said:

So, is Oppo worth the premium?  Someone looking for a high quality player probably isn't concerned about the apps.  I'd be most concerned that its going to beat Sony in picture quality at double the price.

You nailed it! Comparing the Sony with the Oppo is comparing apple and oranges. Personally, I don't care about apps, and it shouldn't be a determining factor if you're looking for quality. Oppo premium price is justified by their quality and components inside. 

The Oppo build quality is fantastic.   I use to only buy Sony Blu ray players but their build quality started to go downhill.   The menu options on the Oppo are also great and it is also a good streamer if you need that.   For basic Netflix and Amazon etc, a roku is the way to go imo.   

44 minutes ago, JB1 said:

This - you may NOT find it worth the extra price, but I'd find it highly doubtfull they are of the same quality. Of course, the equipment behind the Oppo also needs to be able to USE the better quality...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived