C4 Forums | Control4

Luma DVR Control...

JGLI

On Monday my new dealer is supposed to integrate my Luma 16 channel brand new DVR into my C4 system.

What kind of control can I expect to have?  Will I be able to switch from continuous to motion sensing recording through a Macro?  That's my primary concern (as with my other threads I'm trying to get the system to be as compliant with Jewish Sabbath rules as possible).

No you won't and honestly the IP control is hit or miss, IR works well, but still 10000x easier to login via a browser  

You'll actually have to adjust each cameras setting. (There is a "copy

settings to all" option)

you can also set schedules for when you want continuous/motion per camera. 

None of that is worth trying to do via c4

On 3/17/2017 at 6:53 PM, sonic30101 said:

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? From a google search i saw no turning on/off of electric devices, so are you trying the use automation to circumvent rules so things still happen and you arent inconvenienced by this?

If motion triggers the computer/camera/dvr to do something you are violating the rules of the sabbath.  Not as bad a violation as lighting a match or driving in a car, but still something that should be avoided if possible.  Continuous recording is fine since the motion/action isn't changing anything.

4 hours ago, JGLI said:

If motion triggers the computer/camera/dvr to do something you are violating the rules of the sabbath.  Not as bad a violation as lighting a match or driving in a car, but still something that should be avoided if possible.  Continuous recording is fine since the motion/action isn't changing anything.

The DVR should have at least a built in schedule where you can set to record continuous or motion. I don't know (and doubt) it could be a 100% accurate, but you should be able to set to continuous from the earliest start time of Shabbat in a year, to the latest end time of the year.

If you're dedicated about Shabbat to the point you describe, I would not rely on the C4 driver even if it had the option.

PS by 100% accurate I mean ability to set sunset, 3 stars risen etc.

The DVR should have at least a built in schedule where you can set to record continuous or motion. I don't know (and doubt) it could be a 100% accurate, but you should be able to set to continuous from the earliest start time of Shabbat in a year, to the latest end time of the year.

If you're dedicated about Shabbat to the point you describe, I would not rely on the C4 driver even if it had the option.

Stick with the internal schedule. Best bet for sure.

Happy Automating!

On 3/19/2017 at 1:12 AM, Cyknight said:

PS by 100% accurate I mean ability to set sunset, 3 stars risen etc.

That's what I'm going for but for now I'm do 4PM and 9PM.  I'll deal with Yom Tovs later.

Archived