C4 Forums | Control4

Global Cache Wifi device never reboots just say Reboot in progress?

Hi Guys I am trying to configure a Global Cache device so I can land my alarm on the network but all I get isn "Reboot in progress" and I never see the device reboot. Any experience on this? 

Hi Guys I am trying to configure a Global Cache device so I can land my alarm on the network but all I get isn "Reboot in progress" and I never see the device reboot. Any experience on this? 

Update the firmware on the GC, just a question which browser are you using to configure it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Chrome but it could be Security related in the browser, I'm not 100% though, i just remember we had issues too when You submit/save your Settings they don't really post or upload, i hope this helps, worst case factory reset via pin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys, So I got the ITACH to reboot but I cannot get this device to connect to my wifi regardless of what I do. I can configure it fine but when I configure it then try to log back into to the new IP address I cant see the ITACH.>

I am on an ORBI Router with WPA2-PSK [AES] security and the IP is a 172... address but nothing I can do will find your device after I configure it.. I also tried connecting with a guest network with OPEN security and no joy. 

Is there another company that makes a device that will land my alarm on my network that actually works? I see in the info and on the web that many people have tons of problems with this device and its on Wireless B which is kinda old school by todays logic I would think

Any input from you guys would be great here. I think I have a vista 20P alarm box and I am just trying to get it on the network to be included in my C4 system

• 1 year later...

I was having similar issues with my GC devices.  They're running on 802.11g, which means an older network protocol.  While I'm running all Ubiquiti gear, your Orbi gear likely has a similar settings.  In the WLAN properties, in order for these GC devices to connect and be visible, you need to enable support for legacy 802.11g devices.  This is turned off by default because there's a potential speed impact to the overall network.

Here's the disclaimer from my gear:

Legacy device support will enable 802.11g protection mechanisms. Be advised that these mechanisms can potentially cause more than 50% loss in overall 2.4 GHz WLAN throughput, and increased latency. It is recommended to set up a separate WLAN network specifically for legacy devices.

Archived