C4 Forums | Control4

IP Camera - Seriously now :)

It's a pointed simple question:

Don't need recording etc just need:

1. Basic Panning so PZ control (basic up / down side to side) no need for it to be like R2D2.
  2. Image quality whatever is going today as average don't need 4k
  3. Zoom is preferred
  4. PROPER C4 drivers!!!!!! which means - ALL NAVIGATORS access streaming and stills.

The use case:

I have a room in my garden that runs my filters for my marine fish tank :) I am often traveling and there are some readings that the technology doesnt plug into my automation for the marine system so I can't read the parameters. As well as sometimes I just want to check something visually :)

I have power there, I have network there its connected to the house network. The only issue I can see is that it does get a bit humid. So I am worried about some of the consumer brands like Samsung etc.

Oh and did I mention: PROPER C4 drivers!!!!!! which means - ALL NAVIGATORS access streaming and stills.

15 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

We have Hikvision Drivers and they stream to all devices (Apple House) no issues at all.

Driver file name is - camera_ip.hk.ipc.c4z

Works like a dream

He is talking about streaming to flash based navigators (myPC app or HC series controllers or older TS)

^ Ability to work on flash will vary by camera mind you - ie it needs to be able to do MJPEG on the sub-stream. Most HIKs do, but some (especially OEM models) may not have the ability.

One other thing to note is that HIKVision only allows ONE MJPEG connection at a time - this can create some situations where you're trying to use one (flash) based screen after another as well as more than one at the same time (need to wait until time-out before next screen will connect).

Well I'm biased but I recommend amcrest or Reolink.

http://www.greenfieldsolutions.site/control4-amcrest-camera-driver/

http://www.greenfieldsolutions.site/control4-reolink-camera-driver/

Sent from my Pixel+C using Tapatalk

@msgreenf. I am assuming these don't need any other hardware to get everything to work as we have discussed. They will do MJPEG straight from the camera?

49 minutes ago, ILoveControl said:

@msgreenf. I am assuming these don't need any other hardware to get everything to work as we have discussed. They will do MJPEG straight from the camera?

correct, no NVR needed but they are IP cameras which I know you said you were running cable for...

Archived