C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - IntesisBox HVAC Controller Driver

alanchow

9 minutes ago, chaim said:

Does it already support a few devices, or will only work for one of my units?

The driver will work for all of the IntesisBox models listed in the link and only those models.  The IntesisBox models work for a variety of HVAC systems so please make sure your HVAC system is supported by that specific IntesisBox model by looking at the compatibility list or if in doubt contacting the IntesisBox support team or your local distributor.

https://www.intesisbox.com/en/wifi/gateways/

4 hours ago, chaim said:

I'm sorry. My question is if the the driver will work on multiple units in my home, or only on one.

You can install multiple instances of the driver.  All of our drivers are site licences which means you only need a single licence for as many instances in the same system.

• 2 years later...

MAJOR UPDATE

This driver has now been updated to support the new IntesisBox products that are designed to control multiple indoor units via the outdoor unit's bus.

Intesis now manufacturer 3 different types of gateways.

Bi-directional Infrared Emitter / Receiver

Universal IntesisBoxs are developed to offer compatibility with thousands of HVAC models through infra red and offer room temperature feedback via a sensor in the IntesisBox.

The home owner can utilise the existing infra-red remote control as well as the infra red receiver will translate the IR signal and report back to the home automation system what the HVAC mode, Setpoint and fan speed is.

Indoor Unit Gateways

These gateways can be retrofit easily as they tap into the HVAC' system’s indoor unit communications wiring which provides the IntesisBox with both power and communications.  This means that you don’t need to run new cabling to get this solution to work.  These models are developed to communicate with the HVAC manufacturer’s proprietary communications protocol allowing for true real time bidirectional communication with the system. 

Outdoor Unit Gateways

These gateways tap into the outdoor unit’s communication wiring and can control multiple indoor units for multi-zone control.  These solutions are din rail mounted and require 9-36vdc / 24vac power.

The new models are as follows

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have a problem with Intesis devices with Daikin. All intesis devices in the project disconnected and there's misscommunication between C4 and HVAC. I used chowmain driver but the Cloud status shows " Update Available. License activated" Although i hit Automatic updates to ON from beginning. IF someone could help what the issue?  

Intesis.PNG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.